JillE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Explore Canada on Google Earth’s Voyager

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 12.18.01 PM.png

To mark the 150th anniversary of Canada this month, Google Earth’s Voyager is introducing lists that celebrate the country’s big cities, famous landmarks, and inspirational wild places.

We’re starting with a list featuring Local Guides’ top-rated hiking destinations, from the glaciers and alpine forests of Banff National Park to the beaches of Nova Scotia. These picks will inspire some serious wanderlust, especially if you’ve been considering an outdoor getaway this summer.

Canada’s gorgeous landscapes have made their share of appearances on the big screen, so we’ve compiled a tour that highlights their most memorable roles. Movie fans can check out the biggest stars of Brokeback Mountain – the Canadian Rockies – as well as locations from The Twilight Saga, The Incredible Hulk, The Revenant, and more.

After all this, you may well be dreaming of your next vacation in Canada. Luckily, we’ll also have tours of top spots in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver to help with your trip planning. Check them out to see these cities’ best museums, gardens, markets, and other essential sights and attractions.

Take a look at Voyager this July for lots of Canadian greatness!

Image credit (top right of screenshot): Herb Betschart

45 comments
Level 10

Re: Explore Canada on Google Earth’s Voyager

Thanks for sharing this with us @JillE, 😊. Canada on my bucket list of countries to visit and I love hiking a lot. You just helped me out on your list of Top Rated Destinations to hike. When I visit Canada, would explore this. Thanks 😊

Level 10

Wow! Thanks @JillE! I always wanted to visit Canada!!!!!! It's the best place for night photography, there are the less light polluted areas!

Level 9

Ooh Canada, I Love this country 🎉🎉🎉

@LucioV @HelloSamsonR...

Thank you @JillE for Featuring 👍😊👍😊👍

Level 8

Happy 150th Canadian anniversary 🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊 @JillE

@LucioV

@OSAMA@HelloSamsonR

Level 8

Hii @JillE

Beautiful Photo of Canada Landmarks

Thanks for sharing the information

I am checked in Google Earth

It looks awesome.

Level 7

@JillE Thanks for the virtual tour@

Level 10

Thanks for sharing this @JillE

Canada is the second largest country in the world (after Russia) by land mass. Canada is the first country in the world to adopt a policy of multiculturalism, embracing diversity and pluralism.

canadian-flag1.jpgfacts-about-canada-three-million-lakes.jpg

@OSAMA@mhjn@RtnArulPrakasamT@BishowvijayaP@LogeshKumar.

Level 8

Thanks for tagging and information mate @KarthikeyanLandRov

Level 10

You are right @KarthikeyanLandRov.

Many people here also are fascinated by Canadian PR program.

This definitely increases multiculturalism. 

Thanks for sharing beautiful photos. 🙂