BrynH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Experience the first Local Guides Summit with us

Hi again, everyone!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! @AysarB I certainly did enjoy myself and you are right! I just got to be a level 5 Google Local Guide after posting lots of reviews and photos of my visits in Malaysia, Singapore, Canada and Japan. Can't remember if the latter two countries got in but yeah, had been working hard to get here and so glad that I finally did! Just in time for the Google Local Guides Summit too!

You can check out my application video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4gyW1FyGZU

How was my experience since I first posted? As some of you guys already know from my post at: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Malaysia-s-Local-Guides/m-p/32309#M4239 I started being a Google Local Guide because of Pokemon Go. However, after I stopped playing, I continued on being a Google Local Guide because I found it to be such a rewarding experience being able to share my reviews and photos of places that I have visited. It feels like I am a virtual tour guide and only with this interconnected collective mind, am I able to share my knowledge of the world and also learn from others so easily. Most notably, I managed to find hidden gems of places to eat and hang out at. Even got locations to rare Pokemon nests when I was playing! LOL

It was so nice to see the number of views of my photos almost reach 50,000 too, knowing that I have helped people to get to know the places that I have visited especially in my home country, Malaysia. The timeline feature also helps me to keep track of where I have been and the new location sharing feature is really invaluable to let my friends and family know where I am wherever in the world. The title of my next game might just be, "Where in the world is Sherman Chin?" LOL

How about you guys? Good luck with the Google Local Guides Summit 2017 application!

Best regards,

Sherman