Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Experience the first Local Guides Summit with us

Nice

Connect Moderator
Solution

Now that I'm (finally) safely home and have had some time to reflect on the summit as I unpacked my things and showed my family members the mementos other Local Guides had given me and looked through the closing part flip book and other bits and pieces I'm still quite amazed at being invited and being able to attend such an event. The LG team are to be congratulated on all the hard work they put in. They were so hugely energetic and inspiring right through out the entire summit. You guys did an awesome job and I hope you all get some time to rest before getting back into the normal day to day of running the LG program. I also hope you all get some recognition from Google for putting on such an awesome event. Well done to you all.

It was a pleasure to meet up with the rest of the 75, the diversity of the people in country, race and beliefs was fantastic. We all had one thing in common though that brought us together, we're all Local Guides and we all left our normal lives behind, dropped all the walls and spent a fantastic few days together. These people being a cross section from so many countries shows what people power can do. We had a harmonious, good natured and hugely enjoyable summit. Individuals that the news media would have us believe hate each other were arm in arm animatedly talking to everyone. No borders. No preconceptions. I know I'm wearing out words like amazing and fantastic, but it really was amazing and fantastic.

We all had in common that we want to improve maps, bring more people to our local areas, improve the experiences of others through our Local Guide contributions and in turn reap those same benefits as we move out of our own local area and rely on other #localguides for their experiences.

Connect Moderator

Que buenas tus apreciaciones @PaulPavlinovich, a mi lo que me llamaba la atención, y me ponía 😀 feliz, por las fotos que veía en Twitter u otros medios, era la diversidad etnica, que destacable y es lo veo también, en varias ocaciones en Connect, todos somos muy diferentes pero con algunas cosas y sentimientos comunes, como esto de ser Local Guide. Deben tener varios kilos demás en el estomago 😊 muchas fotos de lugares comiendo y pasándola bien. Después postea, dentro de lo posible, las novedades sobre StreetView o sobre el programa Local Guide. 

Saludos

Level 8

Thank you so much for sharing this first summit experience with us hopping that next one we will join it too, looks like you had a great time there ! Nice to hear that and Good job for Google team and for you guys.

Former Google Contributor

@PaulPavlinovich Thank you for sharing your thoughts - it inspires us to keep working hard for you all. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Level 8

I could not have described it better. 100%

Level 10

There is always next year!!

Level 10

Hope to see you all next year 🙂

Level 10

Is the Summit will be every year? The Same Place?

Atma Ram
Level 8

Yes ...They already announced that the summit will be every year , so cheer up !!!