BrynH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Experience the first Local Guides Summit with us

Check out #LGSummit16 to go behind the scenes of the first Local Guides Summit at Google HQ. Follow us for the latest updates: Google+, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.

3-people-with-hashtag.png

Live updates from #LGSummit16:

• Today, September 12: special welcome message from the Local Guides team during our first ever Facebook Live and Periscope broadcasts.
  • Tuesday, September 13: hear from Jen Fitzpatrick, VP of Google Maps, and join us in discussion about how you can make Maps better.
  • Wednesday, September 14: get live tips from our mobile photography workshop, explore San Francisco's Mission District with real Local Guides, and more!

Curious about what real Local Guides are discovering at Google HQ?

Check out #LGSummit16 to join the conversation! And don't forget to follow us on social to see what we're exploring live from the summit: Google+, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and #LocalGuides on Instagram.  

The Local Guides team at the Google San Francisco office.The Local Guides team at the Google San Francisco office.Happy exploring!

Bryn, on behalf of the Local Guides team

70 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Experience the first Local Guides Summit with us

Now that I'm (finally) safely home and have had some time to reflect on the summit as I unpacked my things and showed my family members the mementos other Local Guides had given me and looked through the closing part flip book and other bits and pieces I'm still quite amazed at being invited and being able to attend such an event. The LG team are to be congratulated on all the hard work they put in. They were so hugely energetic and inspiring right through out the entire summit. You guys did an awesome job and I hope you all get some time to rest before getting back into the normal day to day of running the LG program. I also hope you all get some recognition from Google for putting on such an awesome event. Well done to you all.

It was a pleasure to meet up with the rest of the 75, the diversity of the people in country, race and beliefs was fantastic. We all had one thing in common though that brought us together, we're all Local Guides and we all left our normal lives behind, dropped all the walls and spent a fantastic few days together. These people being a cross section from so many countries shows what people power can do. We had a harmonious, good natured and hugely enjoyable summit. Individuals that the news media would have us believe hate each other were arm in arm animatedly talking to everyone. No borders. No preconceptions. I know I'm wearing out words like amazing and fantastic, but it really was amazing and fantastic.

We all had in common that we want to improve maps, bring more people to our local areas, improve the experiences of others through our Local Guide contributions and in turn reap those same benefits as we move out of our own local area and rely on other #localguides for their experiences.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Woohoo!!! We are so excited to see everyone!! #LGSUMMIT16 FTW!

Level 10

@BrynH thanks a lot for update . We are exited to see first LG summit

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Have a wonderful time and enjoy:-)

Robby Sayles
Level 9

Exited!

Connect Moderator

Awesome! Can't wait to keep up with all the updates - have an amazing time, everyone! 😄

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

@BrinH That these first dome are happy in this first summit and resulting in spectacular decisions for all Local Guides in the World!

Alexandre Oliveira
Level 8

Looking Good..

All selected Local guide at one place...

Thanks for updates and keep update in other social media also...

Thanks

Ganesh Krishna Soordelu
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/107546818522123617136/reviews/@13.0054542,77.5676733,13z?hl=en
Level 10

Wow... Keep enjoying guys and keep sending the updates... 🙂

Atma Ram
Former Google Contributor

This is super exciting! Hope all Local Guides at the Summit will have a lovely time! Share more pictures and meet new friends!