JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Error when posting comment on an Idea

1543677219041.jpg

I have just had 2 occasions of the error message in this screenshot, when posting a comment to an Idea in Idea Exchange. The comments were posted and I could continue navigating the site afterwards.

This was encountered on an Android phone.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Error when posting comment on an Idea

errorcomment.PNGUpdate: it is probably browser-related, not device-related. I just had a similar problem in Chrome on a desktop computer (Windows 10)

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Level 6

Report Local Connect App Bugs

How do we report bugs in this app?

I just posted a comment and post submit got a wonky page load - see screenshot.

Pixel 2

Screenshot_20181201-233313.png

Level 10

Re: Report Local Connect App Bugs

@EdHB It looks like the acknowledgement screen after a reply post has some issue in Idea Exchange. I was able to replicate the problem on my mobile. However, the reply post (including yours) is successful, even with the error screen. I can see your reply after the post, and my reply as well.

Original post: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/All-Ideas/Polls-New-Connect-Feature-Request-possibly-in-the-Wa...

Screenshot_20181202-094645_Chrome.jpg

Tagging a Google Moderator to help to escalate: @GeorgesHR @NadyaPN

updated: It looks like the original post is fine, only if I try to display our reply via Permalink to each of our replies, we get the widget could not be displayed.

updated: merging these 2 posts with this post from @JanVanHaver

Level 10

Level 6

Thanks Stephen. The whole app is actually quite laggy which makes it difficult to use, even on Pixel 2 so I think I'm going sit out for a bit and wait for the next release.

Former Google Contributor

Hello everyone,

Thanks for raising this.

We are going to investigate.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 9

One more vote from me...... @GeorgesHR@LucioV@StephenAbraham

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Former Google Contributor

Hi @deepakjhic,

Thank you for sharing.

We are still working on the regarded issue.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!