Soulless's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Error logging into google maps

I get a error when I try to contribute on Google maps it says I have to add a name. I already have a name. When I press the menu icon it shows blank information on all my Google apps actually. This started 2 days ago. I'm using a galaxy note 9 all updated apps 

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.1.0; SM-N9600) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Mobile Safari/537.36

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Error logging into google maps

Hi @Soulless,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! The best way to resolve the problem that you are facing, is by following the instructions bellow:

• Open Setting on your phone and then click on Apps
  • Select Maps > uncheck all permissions => Go to storage > Clear Data
  • Then select Google Play Service > uncheck all permissions => Go to storage > manage storage > clear all data
  • Please reboot your phone
  • Then access Setting once more > Apps
  • Select Maps > check all permissions
  • Select Google Play service > check all permissions

Please feel free to let me know if Google Maps works correctly afterwards. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello @Soulless, this thread might contain the answer to your problem:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Write-review-error-quot-your-google-account...

It started quite a while ago, but I notice there are recent updates to it again, so the problem might have returned.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 6

Thanks for your reply. I've gone through those steps and no luck 

Level 6

Solution

Hi @Soulless,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! The best way to resolve the problem that you are facing, is by following the instructions bellow:

• Open Setting on your phone and then click on Apps
  • Select Maps > uncheck all permissions => Go to storage > Clear Data
  • Then select Google Play Service > uncheck all permissions => Go to storage > manage storage > clear all data
  • Please reboot your phone
  • Then access Setting once more > Apps
  • Select Maps > check all permissions
  • Select Google Play service > check all permissions

Please feel free to let me know if Google Maps works correctly afterwards. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Edit: @KlaudiyaG wrote a little faster than me...

Hello @Soulless,

Not a good news after trying the steps in the link shared by @JanVanHaver. Maybe you tried these steps but here are two main steps you should try once. 

1. Open your phone settings>apps>(google play service/google maps)*(for both)>app permissions>turn on all permissions> reboot your device>check.
  2. [Try this step only if you remember your gmail password/update it in case you don't remember]Go to settings> accounts and sync> google>choose gmail account you are using with local guide program>remove>restart>login via play store>check.

Keep us updated after trying these steps.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Thank you very much it worked. @KlaudiyaG

Thank you so much @Soulless for the update! I'm really happy to hear that everything works correctly. 🙂

Level 10

NO PUEDO CONTRIBUIR EN GOOGLE MAPS

Cambien de Samsung Galaxy s7 edge a Samsung galaxy Note 9 y ya no puedo contribuir, alguien sabe de donde lo organizo? no puedo contribuir en google maps.png

I love to travel the world, know its cultures, food, and live life to the fullest.

Re: NO PUEDO CONTRIBUIR EN GOOGLE MAPS

Hola @CesarMesa

Estos días un Local Guide ha tenido la misma dificultad, de manera que voy a fusionar tu publicación a la suya donde podrás ver la respuesta a tu pregunta.

Además, he editado tu firma porque para nosotros es importante la privacidad de cada uno y no se recomienda compartir información privada. También ten en cuenta que en Connect no se permiten promociones de ningún tipo - autopromoción, promoción comercial, ect., ya que constituyen una violación de las reglas.