BoSaldana's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Enjoy the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Strasbourg, France

It is one of the best cathedrals in the world. Inside you will find for yourself its precious details. The Cathedral of Strasbourg, 142 meters high, is located in the historic center of the city, which is part of the prestigious list of World Heritage Sites, which was awarded in 1988.

The Cathedral of Strasbourg, France.The Cathedral of Strasbourg, France.This late Gothic building was built with an incredible pause in construction, or at least it is what I am told, between 1015 and 1439. If you have ever visited Paris, you will see that this cathedral will seem like something you already know, as it has the same style as the famous Religious temple in the city of light and love.

One of the main doors.One of the main doors.

The color of its external walls attracts a lot of attention, built in pink sandstone that changes according to the hour of the day and the light.

Preciosa Catedral Notre Dame de Estrasburgo en Francia3.jpg

If you have the Strasbourg Pass you can appreciate the spectacle of the Astronomical Clock which starts at 12 o'clock and lasts for about 30 minutes. The details of this appreciated device show that this Renaissance masterpiece is the product of a mix of great talents: artists, mathematicians, Swiss watchmakers, sculptors, and painters.

Astronomical clock with great details.Astronomical clock with great details.

The Strasbourg Pass.The Strasbourg Pass.To see Strasbourg from the heights and without queuing, enter the cathedral’s tower with the same pass. Spectacular views await you after climbing some 332 steps of the spiral staircase. You can see the city almost in its entirety, and on clear days you can even see the Black Forest in Germany. It is an incredible experience that you can not miss at all.

A speechless view from above.A speechless view from above.To note, I read recently that access to the platform will be closed for works between October 2018 and March 2019, so be aware of this when planning your trip.

The Notre Dame Cathedral from the square.The Notre Dame Cathedral from the square.

If you are planning to travel to Strasbourg in summer, there is a free show each evening organised by the City Council. It is a delight that combines light and sound which is projected on the facade of the cathedral. It lasts about 15 minutes which is worth watching and is repeated several times each night.

It's colorful in summetime.It's colorful in summetime.

The lights represent step by step the history of the same cathedral associated with past eras. It is quite impressive and beautiful. Try to get there early to get a good vantage point, because this outdoor event is very popular, especially because it only occurs in the summer.

Inside is so beautiful.Inside is so beautiful.

P.S. Hi Guys, please let me know if you enjoy this type of travel articles and I can add more. Any suggestions are always welcome. Cheers from Malaga. 

My post in Spanish.

Bo Saldana
Estrasburgo, Francia
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Viite: Enjoy the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Strasbourg, France

Hi @BoSaldana,

Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful photos of Strasbourg. I've only been to Notre Dame in Paris, naturally, but Strasbourg is on my list of French cities to visit. 

Are you living there or visiting? What is your favorite thing about the city? I love the painters on the streets, it gives a really vintage French art feel to it. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Re: Enjoy the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Strasbourg, France

Hey @BoSaldana ,

Great post representing the French city Strasbourg! Thank you for sharing all your beautiful pictures supported with some very useful information for those who would love to visit.

I had the chance to visit Strasbourg a few years ago. I went there to see my best friend who still lives there. I was impressed with the architecture of the buildings and the vibe of the city.

I was able to see the light show as well and it was amazing! It was the first time that I saw something like that! I watched the it with a smile on my face during the whole 15 minutes or more.

Here are some of my photos from Strasbourg:

Caption: A front view of Strasbourg Cathedral (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A front view of Strasbourg Cathedral (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo from the light show on the cathedral in Strasbourg (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo from the light show on the cathedral in Strasbourg (Local Guide @MoniDi)

By the way, are you going to write a post about Malaga? I was there last summer and I would love to share some of the places I visited.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @MoniDi 

Many thanks for visiting and your great feedback. Is an amazing cathedral and was worth it. 

Regard to Malaga, I will share some articles here, especially where to eat deliciously. 😉

Have a great day! 

Best

Bo

Bo Saldana
Level 8

Hi @DanniS  

It's my pleasure! Normally I love to share my travel experiences on my blog in Spanish

But I would love to share some articles here about photography and tips.

I live in Malaga and I was visiting Strasbourg and fell in love with it. 

Bo Saldana
Former Google Contributor

@BoSaldana I think it would be interesting for others as well to read more about your country and city as well as give more tips on your travel destinations! I'm always looking forward to explore a new city and I love to check some tips and advice here. 🙂

Just to let you know, we appreciate to hear your own words and experience. Keep in mind not to share external links, even if they are form your own blog. How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

wow man loved all the photos

Level 8

Hi @tronitronix 

Many thanks for your feedback.

Bo Saldana
Level 8

Many thanks! 

Bo Saldana