PriyankaU's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Empowered women

According to India’s constitution, women are legal citizens of the country and have equal rights with men. Because of lack of acceptance from the male dominant society, Indian women suffer immensely. Women are responsible for baring children, yet they are malnourished and in poor health. Women are also overworked in the field and complete the all of the domestic work. Many of the Indian women are uneducated.

Although the country’s constitution says women have equal status to men, women are powerless and are mistreated inside and outside the home. And according to, the World Economic Forum estimates gender parity globally may now be over 170 years away.

Despite this, there are womens who defy all the odds and shine. Me and my mommybear @KrishnaU decided to highlight such fighters on this platform and on GoogleMap.

Savitriben smiling at the camera.Savitriben smiling at the camera.

Savitriben had a alcoholic and abusive husband, who hardly earned anything. Not only she got rid of him but also runs her family by selling clothes.

Poojaben in conversation with her husband at workPoojaben in conversation with her husband at work

Poojaben helps her husband in business, she is camera shy, doesn't likes to be clicked.

NandaTai smiling at the cameraNandaTai smiling at the camera

NandaTai, A child bride lost her husband while she was pregnant at the age of 15, worked as a farm laborer and now working as a house help taking care of her two grandchildrens and a widowed daughter.

Jankiben selling cosmeticsJankiben selling cosmetics

Jankiben at 63, is still working as she wants to be financially independent.

We interacted with around 40 such womens over the past week. The experience was so humbling and full of learnings. Problems and hurdles have no power in front of us, if we use to give in. I have added around 15 businesses on Google maps with #empoweredwomen. I couldn't add many of them as these are street vendors and don't have a name of their businesses. 

Mangiben at her shopMangiben at her shop

To everybody who's having a bad day just look at these ladies who have refused to give up.

Lastly I want to thank these beautiful ladies for keeping up hope and positivity alive in this crazy world.

"Behind every successful women is herself"

Every photo has a story to say, behind every smiling face in this photo album https://photos.app.goo.gl/HVDymAK8kwzEh7s56

there is a tale of grit, self - belief and positivity.

Thank you @KrishnaU for doing this with me.

Gujarat, India
32 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: #Empoweredwomens

Hey Pinkie, this why I am PROUD of YOU! 

Great initiative for your community and it's fantastic to have @KrishnaU collaborate with you. 

You are about to inspire millions of women and  I am ready to support you empower girls and women!

Congratulations @PriyankaU 

Level 8

Congratulation @PriyankaU and @KrishnaU

Such Nice Post Dear

Level 10

Your activity will save women @PriyankaU
The problem of the position of women is a serious issue of the whole Asia including Japan. Please keep introducing a strong woman in the future.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Connect Moderator

As usual another great post by @PriyankaU on very serious issue. 

Congratulations from deep of heart, because I really love that topic, and now a days me and my daughter who is in 11th grade, after my work time, when I reach home, we daily discuss new ideas about women empowerment. 

And I love that qoute

"Behind every successful women is herself"

Best of luck Priyanka, proud of you 🙏🙏🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Former Google Contributor

Hello @PriyankaU,

Thank you very much for sharing this with all of us. What an inspirational story, you are certainly doing something great for these women. 

If you want to create more awareness toward this situation in India, you could host a meet-up and get even more people involved. I wish all the best to these women.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@EmekaUlor Thank you soo much 🙂

Level 9

@rajuroyal Thank you soo much 😇

Level 9

@KashifMisidia Bahut shukriya Kashif sahab. 

Level 9

@MortenSI Thank you soo much. It was a sort of unofficial meet up only. I'll be organising a few meet ups on this issue very soon. Or maybe we can just organise a worldwide meet up mapping businesses run by womans. Can I do it ?