SamanS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Emoji Spammer 😱

Yes dear @ErmesT

I'm nearly sure who is the spammer because he has also lots of fake 3 star ratings on places contains emoji in name. He also is increasing his score rapidly only by thousands of edits.

Moreover, firstly we'd only report the examples to checking the edit history but after some days by the signs that I described above, I found the spammer.

This is not also an automated system because beside adding emoji he is changing other part of the names grammatically and this is not what system can do for Parsian language with accuracy right now.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

Thanks for your attention @ErmesT

Former Google Contributor

Hello @SamanS and @Amiran -

Just an FYI that we're looking into the issue of emojis on the map and the investigation is taking some time.  Thank you for your patience.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Hello dear @BruceDM

Thank you for your kindly support.

We can continue this lovely way for mapping the word when we have awesome Googler like you and other great Googler.

🌎🌸😍🙏🌷

Level 10

Hi.

I check the map continuously. Unfortunately, the user is still changing the names of the locations. Especially banks and ATMs.

Hello @Hamid_Reza_M,

Thanks for sharing. As we have shared in this post, flagging as inappropriate or reporting a problem is the way to go with many of these items. While we certainly look to police Spam here on the Local Guides team, it is not feasible to isolate and escalate every issue reported on our own. That is where we rely on machine learning and also the reports that come through these channels that are available to all users of Google Maps. While the spam may not come down right away, it will eventually be actioned upon.

Level 10

Exactly @Hamid_Reza_M

Specially added sticker for bank`name

Level 10

Hi dear @BruceDM and thanks for your attention. You said:

spam will eventually be actioned upon.

@SamanS knows that this is the exact phrase which I mention to all users who have concern about spams on the map. While I know this and I know that checking spams of one top level LG maybe takes more times but please also understand our concern in this case.

We've put many times on the map to have a clean, clear and reliable map but one user is destroying our efforts by such spams in a vast area. So each delay in stopping this spammer force us to put more times to fix all spams. The time that we can put to solve other issues on the map and current conditions cause wasting the time.

As we told, we all are reporting and flagging such spams by the way in this post, but in fact there is no result after many reports by many users!

I don't know if Google has any long bureaucracy for banning spammers or not but by the reasons above we think it needs more direct and sooner action by Googlers in this clear huge spam, or at least please excuse us for inconvenience, our dear supporter @BruceDM.

Level 10

Thanks Google! 😔

Thanks for paying no attention to this important issue and helping the spammer for destroying the map 👏🏻👏🏻

In addition to previous spam, he started new spam and is changing some Persian characters to Urdu characters for many places!! He reached to 170k points by these spam edits and fake ratings.

Do you think map is better by these too many spams?

Hello @Amiran,

Emoji's should not be in the business name and while some users of Google Maps may be doing this, there are many factors to consider before violators are removed from our program.  Claimed businesses and managers of the listing will always get notification on edits that are made so some of those changes will automatically revert.  As long as we keep flagging these items as potential violations, they will ultimately be reviewed.