nandulks's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Its my bad

The number of local guides in my town is small and probably most of them do not even have any significant contribution to the local guide program. I have helped ninety percent of my town on Google Map, but now when I want to organize the summit, there is no local guide that can connect.

Lunkaransar Salt Lake, राजस्थान
6 comments
Level 8

Emerging Guides of google

Let's meet and get connected to make our country more smart!

Level 8

Re: Emerging Guides of google

Hi @nandulks. Welcome to Local Guides Connect community forum. I see you are new in here, please introduce yourself on this post Introduce Yourself – May 2017 so we can get you know you better.

Here are some tips for you to get started:

• "About Local Guides" section has some really good tips on how to interact with the community and the Local Guides users from all over the world. 
  • Search the community Before posting, keep in mind that others may have asked your question because it might be answered already. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to use the forum, this thread will explain you how to do it, it’s really simple.
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure it’s important to the content of the post, this way you will be able to get in touch with other Local Guides from your country or even better, around your area.
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead.
  • Don't use this community as a platform to sell your products, services, or rent properties.
Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 8

How to let all local guides of rural area to get connected?

I belong from a far rural area of Rajasthan state of india.

I am contributing on google for last 4 years and made many local guides in my area. I supposed that there were more of them who could have connected with me. But in actual they maybe don't use google local guides connect & that's why i can't create or join any google local guide meetup in my area.

How to get rid of this and how to engage more local guides with me.

Former Google Contributor

Re: How to let all local guides of rural area to get connected?

I recommend creating a meet-up on our meet-up site and interested Local Guides in your area can indicate their interest via RSVP. You can share your meet-up more widely on your social channels, which may garner your friends or family to become Local Guides too! 

Some more information that may be helpful, especially if it's your first time hosting:

Meanwhile I have relabeled your post to Meet-ups section as this is the place where you can discus your activities with other Local Guides.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Re: Its my bad

It can be a little bit hard to find other people local to you @nandulks I agree, the best way is to search for them here on Connect where you can interact. You can certainly find them also on Maps by looking at contributions like reviews and photos on local places and seeing who did them, but unless they're also here on Connect you can't interact with them there.

You've certainly shared some interesting photos - this one is my favourite https://goo.gl/maps/Qx1KLXEvjGpHPb9M8

Be careful about so many photos of people, they get cleaned out of Maps and you'll lose points. Maps isn't for selfies or group photos unless people are necessary to show off the place.

I notice you've made a number of posts on almost the same topic. I will merge them to this one to keep Connect tidy.

Please keep up the good work and enjoy being a Local Guide.

Thanks

Level 8

Re: Its my bad

Thanks, i apologize for my faults.