KimLong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Embed 360 photo on Google Maps onto website

HI all, how do I embed 360 photo on Google Map onto website? I copy the link to embed but it does not work. Thanks in advance. 

Siem Reap, Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Embed 360 photo on Google Maps onto website

I just realised I misread what you want to do @KimLong sorry, you can embed the photos from maps, here's a good recent blog entry on how (to save you reading the entire developers guide from Google) http://tonyredhead.com/google-tips/embed-photospheres-in-your-webpage

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Download the Street View App on Android or iOS and upload your photo using that app and it will appear at the tagged location after it is approved. After you've had 50 approved you can apply to join the Trusted Street View Photographers program.

There is more information here https://www.google.com.au/streetview/publish/

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator
Solution

I just realised I misread what you want to do @KimLong sorry, you can embed the photos from maps, here's a good recent blog entry on how (to save you reading the entire developers guide from Google) http://tonyredhead.com/google-tips/embed-photospheres-in-your-webpage

Level 8

Hi @KimLong,

In a discussion about posting Photospheres in Connect, I start learning from the same Blog as @PaulPavlinovich provided.

Now, Google Maps has made it even easier: 

1.  Open the photosphere in Desktop Maps

2.  Choose Share or Embed

3.  Choose Embed

4.  Choose Size then copy the iFrame code generate and patse into your webpage.

Level 8

Embed 360 photos

You can embed a photo on your website or blog using Google Maps.

1. On your computer, open Google Maps and make sure you're signed in to the same account you used with the Street View app.
  2. Click the Menu .
  3. Click Your contributions.
  4. Click Photos.
  5. Select the photo you want to embed.
  6. Click More More .
  7. Select Share or embed image.
  8. At the top of the box that appears, choose Embed image.
  9. Choose the size you want, then copy the HTML embed code and paste it into the source code of your website or blog.

Refer : https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7013640?hl=en

Level 9

Google has to step up and improve their game a little bit. We need organization and structure. Which Google is not known for. Just speaking of all the different messenger apps Google has, what a mess.

Back to the embed issue. 

I have over 4000 photos on google maps, I am trying to find the one which is probably within the first 100. 

Scrolling in the contrib-Photo tab is a nightmare. It will take me weeks to scroll all the way down with lazyload and just a few photos at a time. 

Even if google would pay me for the time wasted, I wouldnt do it. I dont want to retire on scrolling for one single photo.  Why not give is the option to search for it. Photos will show on the map, but only if you scrolled to them. Why not let us zoom in to the location and then show us which photos we have uploaded around there. The streetview app on android can find all my photo spheres and distinguish between them and regular photos. Why is the mighty website/desktop incapable of this? We need better tools here or maybe there are some super hidden, I cant find...

Level 10

@praveesh

So it is not oossible to embed on mobile??

@KimLong @38160210003 @YK1001 @PaulPavlinovich

Connect Moderator

@38160210003 if you have an idea for improvement then please raise it on Idea Exchange but remember to search first and vote on an existing idea if there is one.

Connect Moderator

You can't get the embed code from the Maps App or Street View App @ProfArunCM I've just tried loading maps.google.com on the mobile device and even if I tell it to use the desktop site there doesn't appear to be any way to drop Peg Man onto the place to obtain access to the Street View images. It appears this functionality is not provided on mobile. If you think it's a good idea to have it (I do) raise it on Idea Exchange - ping me and I'll add my vote.

Level 8

Hi @PaulPavlinovich,

While doing Desktop Mode in Android Chrome, 1 out of 3 times, it might give me the SV Peg Man.

When the Peg Man is here, then the "Share and Embed" menu item will be there.