JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Email Address

Hello Guys!

Is there a way I can tell someones email address from Local Guides Connect account? 

And also from Google Maps Profile?

Thank You

Regards

Jonas Kibet

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Kenya
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Email Address

Hi @JonasKL, it is not possible to obtain a user's email address from their Google Maps profile. On Connect, email addresses are set as private information by default, and will only be made public if the community member selects the option to show their private information in "Public Statistics". This is why you can see email addresses on some Connect profiles, while on some you can't. This preference can be updated in your Local Guides settings. 

I'm sure you are very familiar with this by now but I will mention again that if you wish to contact other Local Guides, you can make full use of the private messaging system. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @JonasKL, it is not possible to obtain a user's email address from their Google Maps profile. On Connect, email addresses are set as private information by default, and will only be made public if the community member selects the option to show their private information in "Public Statistics". This is why you can see email addresses on some Connect profiles, while on some you can't. This preference can be updated in your Local Guides settings. 

I'm sure you are very familiar with this by now but I will mention again that if you wish to contact other Local Guides, you can make full use of the private messaging system. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

No my Dear  @JonasKL it is not possible.

while you can use Private Mgs to share anything you want (as @JeslynL mentioned above).

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.