infocus5280's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Elephant Butte - Arches National Park

Elephant Butte is the highest point in Arches National Park. The peak is a flat-topped cap surrounded by towers and fins forming one big butte. The fins and towers of the butte contain many arches, including the very famous Double Arch.

IMG_0336.jpg

Route finding skills are required to complete the trail. There are a lot of great web sites that give very detailed instructions.

An entrance fee is required to enter the park, and a permit is required for the hike.

IMG_0204.jpg

There are some exposed areas, and rappelling equipment is required. Both rappels are bolted and are usually well maintained, but be sure to inspect the slings before descending.

IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg

Round trip time is 2-3 hours if you're familiar with the trail, longer if you have trouble finding the route or spend time on top of the butte enjoying the amazing view that few people get to enjoy.

IMG_0222.jpg

Have fun and be careful!
infocus5280
Arches National Park, Utah, USA
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Elephant Butte - Arches National Park

Hi @infocus5280,

Welcome to Connect!

Thank you for sharing your photos! Keep in mind that when a post is descriptive other Local Guides can find it easier. That way you can receive answers/comments more quickly. In What makes a good post? topic you'll find some great tips to help you get started.

Since you are new to the community, I recommend you read the Tips: Using Local Guides Connect topic. It suggests various ways to engage with the community.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 5

Muy interesandte el lugar y muy hermoso

Level 6

Amazing photos! Thank you very much for sharing 🙂

Level 1

Great photos. Inspires me to explore nature

Level 6

Thank you so much! 🙂