BeatrizAguilar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: El Raizón hot Springs

@TsekoV  I saw the photos of Burgas saltworks in google maps and its the first time I see mud nearby the beach. The beaches I visited are located mainly in Caribbean Sea and they have yellow sand but not  mud with mineral properties. Is it common on the Bulgarian beaches or is there only mud in Burgas saltworks?

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 9

@VasT thanks for sharing such amazing place. I love the photos on google maps. Bozar bath definitely deserves to be visited for tourists and locals.  Concerning your question, it wasn't nice touched the hot clay, by its viscosity and I didn't want to put it on my face. Only on my hands, elbows, leggs and feet. The sensation of the clay that I felt under my feet I neither liked. But my husband enjoyed the whole experience and covered  his entire body.

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for taking time to check out the Pozar baths @BeatrizAguilar, in addition, to have started this compelling content. Hopefully soon I'll try the mud baths :).

@francesco11, the photo you have posted does not appear to be your own. Is in violation of the Local Guides program rules and that’s why it has been removed. For tips on creating your own great posts on Connect, please check this post.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @BeatrizAguilar,

I am sorry for answering you a bit late. I was searching for my photos from that place, but for a time couldn't find them.

To answer your question, the normal beach is with yellow-colored sand on a beach, just as everywhere. To my knowledge there are a few places that one can experience these mud baths for free, one of those places are the Burgas saltworks. You might be able to find such places in other places, but most probably they will be paid.

On the other hand, the area covered in Burgas is not quite at all and there are many people who visit it throughout summer and fall. This is a very famous healing bath procedure, especially for those who have problems with skin, bones and lack of vitamins in their bodies. Both the water and the mud are rich in vitamins such as calcium, lye ( in Bulgarian we call it "луга" /luga/) and much more.

I am sorry to hear that you had bad experience with the mud. Indeed it can be quite smelly, but I didn't mind it. While I was there I felt quite relaxed and after the procedures my skin was glowing with minerals that I can see. Usually the first thing is to go in the pink water (you can see in the photos below), in Burgas there are 2 open pink water pools - one is very not deep at all, but extremely enriched with minerals and you shouldn't stay there for too long. There the water is a little above your knees and people usually lie down and put salt on the places of their body where they feel pain (I put everywhere for maximum effect 😄 ). This is the second part of the procedure. The first part is the other pool, it is deeper, something like 1 meter deep. The water there is also pink, but less saturated than the other pool. Something interesting that I found out there is that your body flows on its own and the water doesn't allow you to put your legs on the bottom. After swimming a bit, I was fighting with my body to change my position. 😄 It is just as if swimming in Dead sea.

Caption: A photo of pink-colored pool in Burgas saltworks. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A photo of pink-colored pool in Burgas saltworks. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

The third part is to put the mud (lye), the thing we call luga. It has very strong healing effect and is taken from the bottom of this lake or somewhere close from it and you basically can put it in your whole body. I loved this part. After this, you can feel how the mud dries on your whole body and as if it is harder to walk, hehe. Then, in 5-minutes walk is located the beach and you take a bath at the sea to wash away all the mud. There are showers just next to those pools and it is recommended to take the shower after all other procedures have been done. My personal opinion is to take the shower only with water and not use other chemicals until you take a proper shower in your place. : )

Caption: A photo of me enjoying mud (lye, "луга") procedure in Burgas saltworks. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A photo of me enjoying mud (lye, "луга") procedure in Burgas saltworks. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

If you ever visit Bulgaria during summer, be sure to try this out. It is for free and it is healthy!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

If I ever visit Bulgaria, of course I would like to take a therapic bath of luga. @TsekoV your advice about take a shower only with water without chemical products after all the procedures have been done, is useful. It doesn't make sense to go to Burgas to take a relaxing and natural bath to cover your body later with cosmetics that aren't natural at all.

@BeatrizAguilar I agree with you. : ) It would be best if you go and enjoy it to the maximum just naturally.

Do you have many places like this near your hometown? Is it famous among locals?

The saltworks in Burgas are very famous and while being there it is very easy to hear many foreign languages such as Russian, German and many more. It is much appreciated place by everyone.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@TsekoV there is other place like El Raizón a few kilometers away, but I have not visited yet. I live on the border between two contries: Colombia and Venezuela, El Raizón is located in Colombia and Aguas Calientes is in the Venezuelan area, in the small town called Ureña. Those spring waters were famous in the past, there was a Hotel with rooms with thermal water pools inside. 

The place looks just fantastic, @BeatrizAguilar. Thank you for sharing. How big is Raizón? From your photos, it looks like it could gather at least 200 people at the same time.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@IrrPavlova the installation is large, there are 8 pools, but in each one fit a group of 25 persons, approximately, so that they are comfortable. In the largest pool 50 persons easily fitA couple take a bath in one of the thermal water pool of El RaizónA couple take a bath in one of the thermal water pool of El Raizón

Thank you for the details, @BeatrizAguilar. I really can't get over how magical the place. I can't compare it to anything around. I'd love to experience it someday. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!