MikMarie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

El Castillo

1. Our first big trip together 2018 to Chichén Itzá, Mérida, Yucatan, MexicoFB_IMG_1546036885588.jpg

FB_IMG_1546036894660.jpg

Chichén Itzá, Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico
8 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: El Castillo

Wow @MikMarie. You're living the adventurers life. Really Great exploration you've got going on.  Can you tell more about the Pyramid like structure.

Level 8

El Castillo is also known as the Temple of Kukulcan, and used to be one of the centers for the Mayan civilization. We toured the area on a trip last year. It's located in the Yucatan within Mexico.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MikMarie,

Welcome to Connect!

Thank you for sharing! What did you like most in Yukatan? Was it crowded? 

Keep in mind that a detailed post will interest more Local Guides. That way you can receive more comments. In What makes a good post? topic you'll find some great tips.

Also, you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thanks @MikMarie for sharing the beautiful pictures with us.

Can you tell us more about the place so that we can understand better like- Is there any history behind it, who make it ? 

Is there any Entry charge to visit this place ?

You can add these points in your story to make it more attractive and unique so that everyone read it and plan a trip to visit there.

Have a good day keep sharing your daily stories here. I am really excited to see your next amazing story. 🙂

Level 8

@IshantHP_ig 

Thank you! We visited on a tour with 'Amigo Tours.' Everything was included in the tour. We had homemade dinner in a village within the Yucatan, swam in a Cenote, and visited the historic El Castillo and surrounding buildings. The tour was $50 USD a person and took about 10 hours total. It took 3 hours to bus from Cancun to Chichen Itza. 

It was a little crowded, but it was very hot! I would advise bringing a backpack of water. One bottle of water isn't enough and it's not very accessible at the archeological site. 

Level 9

Thanks @MikMarie

for sharing the details of your adventure,i hope you enjoyed a lot there, keep sharing the beautiful pictures with detailed description.

You can edit your post to add these details  which you write me. 🙂

Have a good day &

Happy New Year to you and your family! 😊

Level 9

Hello @MikMarie,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience here. I am a myth fanatic and always dig deep for learn more. I learnt more about "Chichen Itza" from all other informative comments. This place has a rich Pre-Columbian history.

Keep exploring and keep sharing with details.

Level 8

@ShahnewazAhmed You're very welcome! Thank you for your comment! El Castillo, as you may already know, is also known as The Temple of Kukulcan. Our tour guide is of Mayan decent. It was all very interesting. The pyramid was also designed hollow and to reflect sound in many directions. Announcements would be made from the top of the pyramid and collective noise from the crowd below would produce a very loud echo surrounding the pyramid.