SoniaK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Eid-ul-fitr- that announces of end of fasting

Eid ul Fitr is knocking at the door. It's only a week or less before the new moon shows up to announce the good news of end of fasting. 

As a child, we used to look forward to the Eid day particularly for new clothes, new shoes, lots of special food and new bills from the elders as gifts. 

I grew up with the fun of this festivity, when Eid meant lots of illumination in the city.

I grew up when ‘chaand raat’ was a competition on who saw the moon first up on the roof.

I grew up when Eid was about semai and chotpoti , new clothes, new Eidi notes and new shoes with blisters.

I grew up when there was an unofficial competition between kids on how many new dresses we got and not to show it to each other until the eid day, because it will get 'old'. 

I grew up when Eid brought the good news of loads of special homemade food, that we probably did not get to eat the rest of the year.

I grew up when Eid meant shopping at Chandi Chowk or Gausia market,.

I grew up when BTV (Bangladesh Television) would announce the news of new moon by playing the famous Eid song- O mon Ramjaner oi rojar sheshe elo khushir eid (a song written by Kazi Nazrul Islam).

I grew up when Eid meant no fighting, no getting scolded, no punishment from the elders and NO STUDY at all.

We so loved the Eid days back in those days. The only differences between those days and these days is, Eid brings additional responsibilities for us, especially the women of the house, because we need to cook special dishes for the guests. Eid means distributing money and sweets among the kids now, which means additional expenses. 😛

But we still look forward to the Eid day just the way we did as kids.

Care to share your stories of Eid in your countries @OSAMA@SalmanN@AkmalB@Badruddeen@HoudaR@AslamMo?

@MahabubMunna@Kamalhasnainee@MuhiburRSaad, may be you can add some photos of this great festival here.

Happy days happy memories…I like to feel I am still growing up and growing are my surroundings but now I know what it really means when people say…”those were the days!!"

EID MUBARAK TO ALL MY CONNECT FRIENDS AND THEIR FAMILIES! 

Hope this Eid brings you lots of happiness and peace!

13 comments
Level 9

Re: Eid-ul-fitr- that announces of end of fasting

@SoniaK

Yeah i already start the Eid preparation

I buy the grocery list for my mom to make Eid  desserts 😁👍😊😁👍😊

"I Love Eid"

Level 9

Oooh

I buy 👗 👗 👗 for my daughters

And they waiting ,to buy Eid toys also

I buy for me also and play 😁👍😊😁

This post make me laughing 

Thank you @SoniaK

Connect Moderator

@OSAMA wrote:

Oooh

I buy 👗 👗 👗 for my daughters

And they waiting ,to buy Eid toys also

I buy for me also and play 😁👍😊😁

This post make me laughing 

Thank you @SoniaK

No new dress for mom or wifey, @OSAMA?

What made you laugh in this post? 😛

Level 10

@SoniaK your post touched some sensitive parts of my heart. 

Those days. .....mm

That new shoes smells 

That new dress,s pressing lines 

Woke up 5 am eid day take bath firsts from family. 

Shouting at all brothers and sisters it's becoming late do faster .

Those days 

LET ME CRY A BIT  and then I would complete. ...

Level 9

Am also waiting the Eid Toys to play 😁😂😁😂

@SoniaK @AkmalB

Connect Moderator

Awwwww......please don't cry @AkmalB. My intention was to bring happiness among us all, not to make you sad. And yes, you just reminded me one more thing.... I grew up when Eid meant waking up before dawn and make the house, take bath and wear new dress and bow to the elders after they come back home from Eid namaz. 

Level 10

Humans falls tears 2 types. 1st sad 

2nd to much of happiness winning moments. 

3rd type no sad no happiness. We just missed something, some relationship which we lost ,some important persons who was with us last eid,s but not this year. 

SOME ROYAL CHILDHOOD DAYS.

Mines are 3rd types tears @SoniaK

Connect Moderator

I am so sorry to hear that @AkmalB. May Allah bless that person in wherever s/he is. 

Hope you can get over the loss soon. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @SoniaK for your post shared to everyone here.

You are touching the heart of everyone with your words, moving the memory of everyone back to the years of the happiness.

I can remember now, my sister and me counting the number of the lightened Christmas trees, while moving from my grandfather house to home.

Thanks again, your words have a good sound to my hears