ColinUKtyke's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Edits not applied AGAIN for Telford UK

Timpson Locksmith, Not AppliedTimpson Locksmith, Not Applied

Having had the previous rejection of multiple edits apparently solved and things started to go back to normal . I have suddenly hit another brick wall trying to act as a local guide and fix local issues.

The Timpson Locksmith which is located within within the Sainsbury's at Telford Forge Retail park as it states on the listing for the locksmiths on Google Maps. However its location in Google Maps is within the Telford Town Centre in an area which used to house an Asda supermarket and a BHS store. 

This area is now being redeveloped as an Aldi Supermarket and is no longer accessible. The Timpson Locksmith is clearly in the wrong place and yet it is automatically rejected. Surely the address within the listing should be easily automatically checked by the system to show that it is in the wrong location!  Any checking of the listed Timpson site would also show its correct location.

The incorrect location of TimpsonThe incorrect location of TimpsonThe correct location should be at 

9C4VMGMV+6Q 

within the Sainsbury's store - I have attached location photos from the Timpsons site to support the edit but it is still quickly rejected.  Any thoughts of what else to do before the frustration builds again? 

It would also be useful to know what the automatic system is using as the criteria for location and checking the location requests?

Telford, United Kingdom
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Edits not applied AGAIN for Telford UK

Hi @ColinUKtyke I feel bad about it, there may be several reasons why edits were “Not applied”.

• Spelling error (name of place or address)

• Wrong address

• Wrong location marker

• Wrong category

• Wrong phone number

• Wrong website

• The place has already been added by other users and approval is pending

Please read this post: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

When the system is unable to verify the information you submitted, they deny your “add a place” submission. I encourage you to submit them again. You can also to Check facts and see if someone has already suggested the changes if someone has already suggested a changes it'll be reflecting in  check  facts and if its reflecting in  Check facts you can click ok for the suggestion.

Hope this helps 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 8

Many thanks for your detailed and sympathetic reply. I have followed your advice to check I anyone else has reported the error and unfortunately there appears to be no edit in progress . The address is correct for its correct position in Sainsbury's on The Forge Retail Park however the marker which I have tried to move several times to its correct position keeps on being rejected. The website is correct and if it's looked at it will show the correct location. The photo of the shop provided by Timpsons appears to a photo of another Timpsons store however other photos are of the Forge Retail showing the correct location!

Any further thoughts most welcome.

Level 8

Hi @ColinUKtyke good to see you again 🙂 I personally when to that listing and found that business has been claimed by the owner in this case I strongly recommend you to contact the place incharge to up their location. 

Since it has be claimed by the owner our edits won't work my friend automated system will think that we are trying to change the information which was claimed by the owner 🙂

I really appreciate you for trying to fix the listing issue my friend. When I went to listing I was it has images uploaded my owner too that stands as proof that it claimed by the owner.

I hard for to say that the only option is to contact the store front and update their listing.

You can check this help page for your reference 🙂

Hope this information helps you.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 8

Many thanks once again for the detailed advice - I have emailed Timpsons via their website and will await to if their customer service can do something about it. Fingers crossed and many thanks again for your knowledgeable support!