Pea's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Edit says "NOT APPLIED" but is Applied. What's the Effect on Trust and Points?

If an edit is "NOT APPLIED" does this have a negative impact on your trust rating (and points), could a staffer comment on this? The following has happened to me a few times, but here's one example.

A few days ago I edited the name of a store to remove a location descriptor (Argos Harlesden > Argos) and received a review Thank You email:

Screenshot 2016-11-24 at 08.42.37.png

In my Contributions list it says the edit was "NOT APPLIED" although the name has changed:

Screenshot 2016-11-24 at 08.52.03.png

Indeed the edit was made, as can be seen in MapMaker:

Screenshot 2016-11-24 at 08.55.31.png
And on the live map the name is now simply Argos, both in the listing and the map legend text, whereas before both said Argos Harlesden:

Btw, I've used the map to send feedback about the activity but that doesn't answer the trust and points question

London, United Kingdom
2 comments
Level 9

Re: Edit says "NOT APPLIED" but is Applied. What's the Effect on Trust and Points?

Was just wondering the same!

Fairly sure the edits I was questioning were also Argos stores... some of which I've already corrected more than once.

Seriously, someone needs to clamp down on these UK companies that insist on not keeping to the rules 😛

Level 9
Level 9

Re: Edit says "NOT APPLIED" but is Applied. What's the Effect on Trust and Points?

I asked this back in November and didn't get an answer, wondering if a Google Moderator could pick it up? 

To clarify one angle, I understand there's always the possibility that two different LGs might be putting in twin edits around the same time and therefore only the first edit can be applied. In such a circumstance the second LG would see that the change had been made but wouldn't get the recognition. However I don't believe that's what's happening here, I think Google is occasionally applying some edits but not attributing them to the LG who made them. This may be more prevalent when the business is claimed.