JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Eco Friendly Vinayagar Sathurthi festival, Chennai - 2018

1.JPG

Ganesh Chaturthi or Vinayagar Sarthuthi is one of the important Hindu festivals in Chennai and other parts of Tamilnadu.

2.JPG

The purpose is to celebrate the birth of Ganesha. Ganesha made out of Clay at home but many areas people collect the money and try to make the big and best Ganesha.

3.JPG

Dates usually fall between August and September, festival last for Ten days. During these ten days, Pojas and prayers offered daily and prasadam distributed. 

6.JPG

The end of the festival Ganesha Statue is immersed in the ocean or river, followed by traditional music, chantings. 

5.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG

This year more focused on Eco-Friendly Vinayaga, made out of clay or the natural resource like banana, flowers, vegetable, and fruits etc. 

In Chennai, there are five locations allowed for the immersion of Vinayagar Idols, also the hight limited to 11 feet.  This event marks the religiosity of the Chennai Citizens.

10.JPG

You are all invited for the next year Festival. 

Thank you

John Peter 

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Eco Friendly Vinayagar Sathurthi festival, Chennai - 2018

Congrats! 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Thanks @TravellerG

Level 9

That's great coverage  bro by your  Camera @JohnPeter. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Regards:

Safdar Rai 

Level 9

That was a nice article about Ganeh Chadurthi celebration in Chennai coupled with beautiful photos Peter.

SARAVANAKANTH
??
Join with us in the Tamilnadu Local Guides WhatsApp group
Connect Moderator

Nice post bro @JohnPeter

Thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures with us. 

Jay Ganesha

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thanks dear @Safdarrai

I haved NIKON D5600 DSLR camera to take this picture. But reduced the resolution because of size limit.

Thanks

Level 10

Thanks dear @Saravanakanth

Level 10

Thanks dear @NareshDarji