FaridTDF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Eating seafood in Punta Arenas

Hey @FaridTDF,

I really enjoy your stories, so please feel free to share it as soon as you can.

I'm looking forward to read it 🙂

Thanks and have a great day!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

That sounds amazing @Victoria_v , congratulations! The whole secret about the tajine is, the pot and the fact that the meat and the rest has to cook in it for hours. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the Moroccan food. Did you try some couscous, bastila?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Hi, @BorrisS ! When I was in Agadir in our hotel Riu Tikida Beach several times there were courses on how to cook in tajine, how to brew tea with mint. It was very interesting. I certainly tried couscous. What is bastila I did not knowand asked Google. 🙂 Yes, it seems to me that I tried bastila. But when I tried, I didn’t know what it was. 🙂

Level 10

Hi dear @FaridTDF  ! I do not eat any fish dish (I just can not put it in my mouth, although the appearance is very inviting and the smell is delicious, once put in my mouth I just can not get it down !!) but those dishes are too inviting. 

So for me a Lomito's is just perfect!

Bye,

David

Connect Moderator

@ValeriaA_ y @davidhyno , ustedes dos se quedan con el lomito, por cierto están muy sabroso para chupase los dedos, es más en ese restaurante la mayoría son extranjeros, ha locales pero el lugar es muy famoso por este plato.

@Victoria_v y @Sagir @para ustedes los mariscos entonces, que también son mis platos preferidos en Chile 

Farid

Hello @Victoria_v,

I didn't know that there were such courses in some hotels, it really sounds exciting! Bastila is a mix of chicken, eggs and almond powder cooked and put inside a pastry. It is usually served with powdered sugar and cinnamon, which makes the dish a mix of sweet and salt. 🙂  

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Hi, @BorrisS !

This activity was very interesting!  Thank you, I will now know what Bastila is.

big.photo-15-1big.photo-16-1

@Victoria_v , thank you for sharing, that looks nice. I can recognize the tajin dish on the table and the guy dressed in the traditional southern Moroccan blue dress. 🙂

Level 9

@FaridTDF toda la comida luce apetecible, sobre todo el arroz con mariscos.

Me pasó algo similar a lo que Ud. comenta sobre volver a un lugar que está por cerrar o los fogones no están activos a cierta hora. Veníamos en carretera y hubo cierres en ciertos tramos. Nuestro viaje se demoró más allá de la hora del almuerzo y  a las 3:00 p.m nos dió hambre, así que decidimos aguantar hasta llegar a un restaurante que conocemos muy bien y que está en la carretera, llamado El Kiosko

Cuando llegamos al sitio, solo había una mesa que estaba siendo atendida  y cuyos comensales ya estaban terminando su comida. Al parecer, la cocina no estaba abierta y, aunque el mesero nos aseguró que nos atenderían y servirían lo que pidiéramos, tuvimos que esperar mucho tiempo, o al menos eso nos pareció debido a la necesidad de comer que teníamos. Yo no tenía muchas expectativas de que todo terminara bien, porque no se trata de un restaurante de comida rápida. Para nuestra sorpresa, la comida estuvo fabulosa, el restaurante estaba para nosotros solos, nos atendieron como reyes y salimos muy contentos.

Debo comentar también que este restaurante de "carretera" siempre está lleno de gente los fines de semana porque la comida es buena, el sitio es agradable, tiene parque infantil, buena atención y está muy bien ubicado, cerca del peaje y justo al lado de la estación de servicio que está a la salida de los limítrofes de la ciudad. 

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

@BeatrizAguilar Tuviste un final feliz, me pone feliz por ustedes, por eso es tan importante esto de hacer comentarios sobrebllsmlugaresnlara poder tener parámetros y no siempre todos son iguales varían unos de otro y la información cambia constantemente, gracias por compartir tu experiencia 

Farid