ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[EVENT COMPLETED] European Meet-up will be live here

[Edit] European meet-up is ended yesterday, September 23, at 23:59 CET. Here below the step by step story.Caption: Local Guides at European Meet-up 2018Caption: Local Guides at European Meet-up 2018

A full recap will follow [end edit]

Here below is the original post

Only a few hours to start the European Meet Up 2018

So I am taking the opportunity for inviting every Local Guide to stay with us in Krakow, following this post

In this post we will share the most interesting and beautiful moment, in real time during the Meet-up.

[Edit] after the first day of the meet-up, I am adding a picture, that is to me the deep meaning of the event by

Caption: "those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it". The inscription has been photographed on the entrance of the first block on the  Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, on Auschwitz Extermination CampCaption: "those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it". The inscription has been photographed on the entrance of the first block on the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, on Auschwitz Extermination Camp

This is what we have found, entering on one of the barracks I need Auschwitz concentration camp [end edit]

We will be together in less than 20 hours from now, coming from different places of Europe. While I am writing, someone is already arrived in Krakow, some other will drive, or fly, in a few hours.

In this post you will have also the opportunity to know a bit more about the Local Guides that will attend the meet-up.

I will start from myself, of course.

My name is Ermes, I am a L8 Local Guide from Treviso (Italy), a beautiful medieval town very close to the more famous Venice

I have joined the Local Guides Program on July 2016, and on April 2017 I have been invited to be a Connect Moderator (That's the reason why you can see a multicolor circle on my avatar)

Caption: myself with Local Guides Glass, a gift from LGSummit17Caption: myself with Local Guides Glass, a gift from LGSummit17

What I do as a Local Guide: as a Local Guide I like to cover the complete set of information in Google Maps (addding photos, editing places to correct/update the information, doing fact checking for verifying the data, but what I most love is to discover a new places to add in Google Maps. I also have a special interest about Mapping in emergency areas, for helping the part of central Italy injuried by the earthquake of August / September 2016.

Why I want to attend to the European Meet-up: I have several reason for going to Krakow. This is not my first time in there, I worked in Krakow for some month in the past, and I love the city. I am very happy to have the opportunity for a new visit in the salt mine of Wieliczka, and to visit Oświęcim (Auschwitz) again

I also want to go in there to meet some old friend, like @TorM@NatalkaR@davide7O, some friend in Connect, like @helga19@JanVanHaver (my living tutorial) and @LudwigGermany, plus some new friend

How do I move to Krakow? I will go by car, together with @AntonellaGr, as unfortunately there isn't a good connection for the return flight. So we will cross, in a few hours, four countries (Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland)

What will I bring with me? I will bring my Camera, my Theta, my LG backpak, and a lot of LG gadget (my LG glasses and more) plus something that we will discover tomorrow ?

IMG_20180919_235811.jpg

And my set of LG T-shirts and jacket, of course

Caption: LG T-shirt from: LGSummit17 - Comilla Local Guides - LGCTW , and my Local Guide JacketCaption: LG T-shirt from: LGSummit17 - Comilla Local Guides - LGCTW , and my Local Guide Jacket

Well, now I have to say goodnight, so see you tomorrow. We have to drive

Caption: a screenshot of Google Maps showing the Treviso to Krakow roadtripCaption: a screenshot of Google Maps showing the Treviso to Krakow roadtrip

Who's next that want to introduce himself in here?

49 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Countdown is started: European Meet-up will be live here

Woooo hoooo @ErmesT! Can’t wait to see @TorM  @AntonellaGr and the rest of Europe show up and follow TorM’s hosted 1st ever European Meetup unfollow over the long weekend! 

I bet @NunungAfuah @MahabubMunna @IlankovanT are just as excited to see what you all do in Krakow as they have done in SE Asia. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Hi @ErmesT, I am excited to wait for your story! Yes @KarenVChin you know me 🙂 thanks for letting me know 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, good Night. I‘m in front of the car and will go now 😉..

See you and all others tonight!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

Que contento que estoy por ti @ErmesT, estoy seguro que tendrán un gran encuentro mucha suerte 🍀🍀😀👍 pásala bien y luego cuéntanos que hacen.

Parece que es un viaje largo, tengan cuidado los dos. 

Queremos ver fotos  🙂

Un saludo Farid

Connect Moderator

Level 10

Level 10

Enjoy the meetup @ErmesT! Feel free to make an hangout with me! I will love to greet everyone while I'm buried in my work routine 🙂

Level 10

Hello everyone!!!! It's amazing day! Because today we all will meet in Krakow!!!! Great European Meet-Up 2018 will begin in few hours!!!! I'm exciting!!!!! 

My name is Natalka Ryaba. I'm Ukrainian Local Guide, level 9. I'm from wonderful city Kyiv, capital of Ukraine.IMG_20180829_222021_809.jpg

What I do as Local Guide: I adore to add new photos on Google Maps. I'm trying to find something new, some details of each place. My big passion is shooting video. Of course, I add new places on Maps, check information. 

Why I want to attend to the European Meet-Up: It's good possibility to meet new friends from all Europe. It's amazing that Local Guides can meet not only online but in real life. I was in Krakow many times. But, I'm sure, this visiting will be special. 

How do I move to Krakow: Actually I'm here now ? I arrived yesterday by plane. Now I'm going to discover new places in this incredible city. 

What will I bring with me: First of all, smile and good mood!!!! ? I will bring some Ukrainian souvenirs for my friends!!!Small surprises from UkraineSmall surprises from Ukraine

I'm looking forward to see you all!!!!

Connect Moderator

WoW, @NatalkaR

So gooooood, have you already met @helga19? We are crossing the border with Austria just now. A short stop for a coffee and to buy the vignette for Austrian Highway15374363970057675162724367030371.jpg