ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Countdown is started: European Meet-up will be live here

Hey @ErmesT,

we are nearly in Kraków. I'm in the car with @TorM and @barrazacarlos.

Nice to meet you all!

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Connect Moderator

Near Wieb now, a few minutes walk for relaxing my legs.

It is full of mushrooms here ?15374464314375734991868491887316.jpg

See you later @LudwigGermany

Connect Moderator

Hi all,

I am Jan, from Belgium, and while some people are driving through a bunch of European countries in several cars (I'm not going to attempt tagging all the others as I am drafting this on a mobile device 😀), I am currently waiting in the Dortmund airport for the plane that will bring me to Krakow. Really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jan waiting at the airportJan waiting at the airport

People with some skills in geography might be wondering: 'last time I checked, Dortmund was not in Belgium'. And they are absolutely right, as I am traveling from Germany where I spend a lot of my professional life.

[Just imagine finding an entire city on GM located in the wrong country... The points you could collect by suggesting edits... Level 10 in a week]

I am currently L9, and especially enjoy correcting errors and/or inconsistencies but of course I also enjoy making all of the other types of contributions.

On Connect I like to share tips on how I work as LG in my Best Practice series. With the advent of Connect 2.0, those have moved a bit into obscurity, but I plan to make new and revised posts soon in the How To section of Connect 2.0. Actually the first one of those was published earlier this week.

So far I have never been to a Meetup, so which better opportunity to take than this one to start with?

And for those who like mushroom pictures, here's one taken in Belgium last weekend

Mushrooms growing in my backyardMushrooms growing in my backyard

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Hey, @JanVanHaver, l am reading now, while we take a short break minutes from Brno, in Czech Republic. See you all very soon

Ermes and Antonella

Connect Moderator

So here we are, all in Krakow.

I am not a selfie man, but I had to try, as the opportunity to have a selfie with some great and famous Local Guide doesn't happen everyday.Caption: a selfie with the Connect Moderator LudwigGermanyCaption: a selfie with the Connect Moderator LudwigGermany

Caption: selfie with Connect Live18 attendees NatalkaCaption: selfie with Connect Live18 attendees Natalka

Caption: Selfie with a super Local Guides Inna1, super featured for FoodCaption: Selfie with a super Local Guides Inna1, super featured for Food

More will come, stay tuned 

Level 9

Excited 🤩🤩 @ErmesT.

Enjoy!!

Connect Moderator

Golden tip for people setting up a Meetup: invite Russians, they always bring presents. Thank you very much  @helga19!

IMG_20180921_071225490.jpg

Now I feel like I am in a Bond movie 'From Russia with love'

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Meet-up is running now

Just arrived on the salt minesCaption: Salt Mine, an old engine on the entranceCaption: Salt Mine, an old engine on the entrance

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

IMG_20180921_122348573-1664x936.jpg

Local Guides with photography mode activated.