今日夕陽羅馬城、萬里疆土何處去、古來征戰幾人回。

The arena is still there, but where are the gladiators?IMG_20150924_190152.jpg

IMG_20150924_185613.jpg

IMG_20150924_183926.jpg

Colosseo, 羅馬意大利
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Dusk of the Colosseum

Nice photos @Bonjourtaiwan, and looks like good time to be there before the crowds.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Bonjourtaiwan

These pictures give credit to the beauty of the Colosseo. Bravo!

When I have visited the area some years ago the gladiators were still outside, dressed in traditional costumes and shouting with a Roman accent. Did you have also the chance to visit the Pantheon in Rome? It's one of my favorite building. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Dear @Sorbe

Unfortunately, I lost the opportunity of the Pantheon. Next time, I will go to visit the Pantheon and the ancient walls of Rome.

I'm going to check if the gladiators are back in April, @Bonjourtaiwan and @Sorbe and I'll get back to you with an existing adventure story I hope. 😄 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

If you are looking for adventures in Rome @IrrPavlova you can't miss Trastevere. That's the place to be if you want to feel the authentic spirit of the city. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

I assume that would be more realistic, @Sorbe. Thank you for your advice. 😄

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!