CarolineR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Dubai Local Guides Community

Hello everyone! 

I've created a Local Guides Community for Dubai on Google +. The link is https://plus.google.com/communities/101966531489634888158

Please feel very welcome to join! 

Personally I am very interested in new hotels and restaurants, but any updates are welcome and when we gain a certain critical mass I wil arrange a meet up 🙂 

Best, 

Caroline 

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
17 comments
Level 8

Re: Dubai Local Guides Community

Hi @CarolineR. Welcome to Local Guides Connect community forum. You can introduce yourself on this post Introduce Yourself - April 2017. I noticed you just joined the Connect forums so I will leave you some tips. Also, good luck with the community you started from Dubai, I hope you get to receive support soon, keep it up!

Here are some tips for you to get started:

• "About Local Guides" section has some really good tips on how to interact with the community and the Local Guides users from all over the world. 
  • Search the community Before posting, keep in mind that others may have asked your question because it might be answered already. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to use the forum, this thread will explain you how to do it, it’s really simple.
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure it’s important to the content of the post, this way you will be able to get in touch with other Local Guides from your country or even better, around your area.
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead.
Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 2

Thanks @LuisHM - I've posted my intro! 

Level 10

Organise a meet-up

Being a Local Guide is not just about helping people online. It’s about getting out there and exploring the world around you. If there’s something that you’re passionate about, share it with Local Guides.

Local Guides who are level 2 and above are encouraged to organise their own meet-up events. Find out more about hosting a meet-up and check out our meet-up resources and ideas on Local Guides Connect.

Meet-up tips

Meet-up expenses

Google will not provide funding, collateral or other types of incentives for these events. Meet-ups can be low cost or even free – simply grab your phone and explore your city on foot.

Local Guides Connect requirement

You must be signed up for Local Guides Connect in order to submit a meet-up. If your meet-up is approved, a post in Local Guides Connect will be automatically generated so that you can share updates with attendees.

Meet-up submission process

We will review your meet-up within one week, so we encourage you to submit your meet-up as early as possible. We will notify you when your meet-up has been approved or if it's rejected. If it's approved, we will add it to the list of upcoming meet-ups. Note that we may edit your meet-up description before publishing it. If rejected, we will let you know why and you will be able to submit a new meet-up for us to review.

Meet-up approvals

We approve meet-ups that involve bringing a community of Local Guides together. We reject meet-ups that are unrelated to Local Guides.

Make changes to your meet-up

For now you will not be able to make changes to your meet-up once it’s been submitted. We recommend posting any updates to the Local Guides Connect post that will be auto-generated after your meet-up has been approved.

Cancel your meet-up

You can cancel your meet-up by visiting your event page and clicking the “Cancel my meet-up” button.

Communicate with attendees

After your meet-up is approved, we will send you a link to an auto-generated post on Local Guides Connect where you and your meet-up attendees can get in touch.

Meet-up promotion

If it's approved, we will add it to the list of upcoming meet-ups. We may also feature certain meet-ups on our social media channels (Google+, Facebook, Twitter) and in our newsletter. We also encourage you to promote your meet-up via your own social media channels and in your local community using #LocalGuides.

After your meet-up

After your meet-up, thank your attendees for joining. Create a Google Photos album and share it with attendees so they can add their own photos.

We’d love to hear about your meet-up. Share your recap with us.

Other event platforms

You may use other event platforms to create your meet-up, but we will only promote and share meet-ups that have been created on our meet-up platform.

Using the Local Guides logo

The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin or any other Google imagery in your meet-up materials.

Meet-up ideas

Food crawl ideas

Photo walk ideas

Geo walk ideas
Level 8

Hi, I moved in Dubai from Italy and i'm interested to see Dubai with someone of Google Local Guides or organize a meetup. 

Thanks

Giulio

Anonymous
Not applicable

أدعوكم جميعا لتصبح دليل الأندلس المحلي

https://plus.google.com/communities/111420611429418413016?sqinv=WEswTFJhX2dBS0tkYW5oREVqZHc2c3FJYklr...

Level 8

Hi Caroline,

I am Leen Thobias Google Street View Trusted Photographer and local guide, please let me know the details of our meetups.

Level 5

nice

@CarolineR wrote:

Hello everyone! 

I've created a Local Guides Community for Dubai on Google +. The link is https://plus.google.com/communities/101966531489634888158

Please feel very welcome to join! 

Personally I am very interested in new hotels and restaurants, but any updates are welcome and when we gain a certain critical mass I wil arrange a meet up 🙂 

Best, 

Caroline 

Level 5

How can one become a street view photographer?

Level 7

Hi Caroline,

Certainly, i will be able to give more insights for new restaurants and hotels in Dubai.
Me and my friend do checkout these venues twice in a month atleast. There are many new properties in town and much checkout!

Please do update when meet-ups are arranged. We will catchup some day.

Happy Mapping
Viju Vijay
Dubai, UAE