TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Driving in the Desert

I lived in the Middle East for 11 years and went out in the desert during the course of work but also during my leisure time.

Driving in the desert can be a lot of fun but also comes with dangers, sometimes fatal. Even experienced 4x4 drivers can run into problems.

I did my initial 4x4 desert training with work colleagues in Saudi Arabia. This was useful and allowed me to do a lot of trips in the desert. 

It wasn't until I went to the United Arab Emirates that I did a professional Desert Driving Course. This was very useful and taught me things I should have known but didn't. That is the difference between amatuer training compared to professional training.

I did my training with Emirates Driving Company, see the Google Maps here https://goo.gl/maps/77byX2udbHG2 and you can see some of my photos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/epC9AAGSqN7pEf748

Desert Driving Training - UAEDesert Driving Training - UAE

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
United Arab Emirates
12 comments
Level 9

Re: Driving in the Desert

Level 9

Thank you @TheEagleEye for nice  and amazing photos!

I like desert very much!

I visited United Arab Emirates some years ago ,Ras  al Khaimah.I visited desert there.

It is great that you have driving expierence in desert.

Have a nice weekend.

Level 8

thanks, @TheEagleEye  for sharing this nice picture and your story.

when I see the picture, it looks like these are the RC TOY cars... haha.. im just remembering my childhood...

Level 5

Nice trip
Level 9

Hello @TheEagleEye 

Thank you for sharing your Driving experience in Desert.

From your post I always get something new.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @TheEagleEye,

Thanks again for sharing about your experiences!

You once again remind me that I still have plenty of the world to discover. 

Desert driving looks like so much fun, but you're right that it can be dangerous too. I could imagine getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, far away from the closest city.  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hai @TheEagleEye .

Love the pictures of the four wheel drive vehicle ?

Is it an American made jeep ?

Love the long stick flag. Is it have a function beside a good accesories for the Jeep.

I try ti visit your photo album but its empty. Is it something wrong with it ?

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 10

Thanks for reply and comment @BudiFXW. Yes it is Jeep made by Chrysler. I'm unsure why the photo album has disappeared, I will look into that.

The high flag must be used when driving in sand dunes so other vehicles can spot early over the dunes. Once off the dunes and on the road again, the flag must flag must be removed or folded down so not to touch power lines.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 10

Ahh now I know @TheEagleEye .

The high flag on the jeep is more concern about safety than only fashion and should be folded if out of the dunes.

Thank you.

Please inform me if the photos can be seen,

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.