Brett's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Driving from Sabah to Brunei

I am going to have a trip to Sabah, and I am interested to visit Brunei too.

Just wonder is it possible to drive from Sabah to Brunei with a rental car?  Any special license required?

I know the flight is cheap, but personally prefer driving, any suggestion?

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Sabah, Malaysia
6 comments
Level 9

Re: Driving from Sabah to Brunei

Hello @Brett

Hope you are having a good day 🙂

To travel to Brunei from Sabah you have to cross the border either sungai tujuh, sarawak or icqs megkalap (choice is yours)

Make sure you have a valid international driving license & the car rental allows you to cross the border because sometimes the car rentals simply won't allow or they don't have permission. 

Checkout these two things before planning your travel by road, apart from your multiple entry visa.

Also, just to add in my personal experience, highways are not so great either in Sabah.

Wish you a wonderdul journey & feel free to ask any further info 🙂

Best Regarda

Level 10

Thanks @Haseeb, do you know any car rental company doing cross border business in Sabah?

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Level 9

Welcome @Brett

Since, I'm based in West Malaysia, I'm not too familiar with the car rental places in Sabah, but I suggest you to make an arrangement before your arrival. Maybe you can talk to your travel agent.
For assisting you further, here I would like to tag some Local Guides who might be able to help you further @Cweng @StephenAbraham 

Regards

Level 10

@Haseeb, thanks for the help on this.

If its difficult, seems I can only give up and go there by flight.

Level 7

Hello, 

If you happen to not yet venture on this trip and if you still insists on going by land. There are some buses that do cross border crossing. it's a pleasant experience too. As i've done it once, the scenery along the routes is just amazing. 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Brett,

I just wanted to let you know that I have removed the Chinese language label of your post as it's written in English. These types of labels are used so that posts in different languages can be found more easily by Local Guides who are speakers of these languages. You can learn more about language tags in the article: How do I find posts in my preferred language?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!