TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Level 4 100gb drive bonus

Hello @portas69,

You likely went straight to Level 5 because your Google Maps contributions follow you into the Local Guides program. That is, when you signed up for Local Guides, you already had some contributions to your name so you did not start the Local Guides program from zero, all your previous contributions become part of your points.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 5

Last year I started to compete for unlimited Google Drive, after a short time they said it would be 100gb, I managed to reach level 4 and I was waiting until now that I was assigned the 100gb. I would like to know how I can claim the 100gb? I joined the program and I achieved the objectives for this purpose

Level 7

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hello Team,

I am a Level 6 Google contributor, and finding challenges with my storage space. Could you help me increase my google drive space? I just happened to see this and missed to claim. 

Phanindra Gollapalli

Hello @gvrpkumar

As the 100GB offer is no longer available, to receive additional storage space, you would need to consider purchasing some drive space from Google. There are various inexpensive options that you could review at this time.

To be on the safe side for making sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Level 5

I think this situation is not fair, so I wanted a contact to present my complaint, does anyone know the best way to do it?

Level 8

HI,

I am sorry but it seems that there is no options.  I have tried, but the best bet is to write a personal letter.  I feel let down for all of us.

Tom Mann

Hello @portas69,

I'd like to note that the Local Guides program has never offered unlimited Google Drive Space to the Local Guides Community and if you have read that anywhere, it is incorrect information.  The only drive benefit we offered was a 1TB for two years offer that migrated to a 1 year of 100GB storage offer, the latter of which ended as of March 2017.

These adjustments to the program were necessary as the LG community expanded.  Depending on when you joined, you would have had the option to unlock the storage but if it was never unlocked, or if you joined the LG program after March 2017, this promotional offer is simply not available any longer.  You may consider purchasing some drive space from Google. There are various inexpensive options in place at this time that you could review at this time.

The Local Guides program is always growing and sharing new perks and promotions with the community. To be on the safe side for making sure you are in the know on future updates and actions you should take to claim them, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates.'

Level 3

This is frustrating. I use yelp for all my reviews when looking for a new place to eat or go since that's really what they do. 

The only reason I began to contribute to the Google maps community was to reach level x and get the dive space perk. Aside from bringing it back, I can't see a reason to continue to put in the effort and time to provide quality reviews and relevant photos. 

The only perks to keep me going would be deep discounts on pixel phones and free dive space. 

Any chance we'll get either of those?

Level 7

about benefits and perks for Google local guides

just want to know ur views firstly Google has stopped giving perks or benefits to its local guides instead they are just providing recognition which is of no use I m on level 6 and after passing level 5 I should have got Google drive storage which I haven't got plz  help anybody this is all wrong going with all of us 

Re: about benefits and perks for Google local guides

Hello @bhaveshpatilI merged your post to this one: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending. Please read this thread.

The Drive Storage Promotion is already ended. Please see Local Guides Help Center for current perks. Thank you.