TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Unable to Redeem Google Drive Storage Benefit

@TraciC I made sure my submissions were in to reach Level 4 before the cutoff. I checked my personal benefits page and the drive storage option was shown. The post states I have 30 days to redeem the storage. Is that still the case? I was under the impression I could reach Level 4 before the deadline and redeem it within 30 days. I've spent a significant amount of time contributing. The storage benefit was something I've been working towards for months. What time do your records show that I reached Level 4?

Level 7

Re: Redeem Google Drive Storage Promotion

Ditto. Not exactly good customer service

@DavidR wrote:

I reached level 4 a week or two ago in aim of receiving the benefit of 100gig of free storage for a year, which expired on 17th March 2017. I reached this level in time before the deadline, however I have not received the benefit on my account.

It says "Local Guides who reach Level 4 by 11pm EST on March 17, 2017 can unlock 100GB of free Google Drive storage. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. This promotion will expire after the cut-off date."

How do I redeem the benefit? I have not received an email on this subject, and have less then 30 days to claim.

Any ideas?

Googler

Re: Unable to Redeem Google Drive Storage Benefit

Hi @CarterS. We usually don't share this sort of information publicly but as you asked, it was on March 18. Had you reached Level 4 by 11pm ET on March 17, per our announcement, we would have awarded you the benefit. 

Please remember that some points take up to 24 hours to be awarded and some like edits, must be approved before you receive the points. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 4

100 gigas

quisiera saber cuando tendremos la notificacion de los 100 gigas de almacenamiento prometido a los local guias nivel 4.

Muchas gracias!

Level 8
Level 8

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

@AntonL wrote:

Already did, no 'Redeem' button, because Google thinks you should NOT reach lvl 4 before March 17th, BUT receive an email that you've reached level 4 before March 17th, which is kinda stupid: the rules said otherwise. Might as well buy some space at cheaper OneDrive then.

I was able to find the redeem button directly after I had reached 200 points on:

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/

The email telling me I had reached level 4 arrived a could of days later. 

I think the email is not required to qualify for the benefit. 

Level 7

It's a Shame I just reached my level 4 some minutes ago and I know now that I didn't receive the Additional storage benefit 😞

Level 4

Sorry -- I meant to type 27th in my message. It hasn't been 30 days since the 27th -- that's why I'm confused!

Level 6

Re: Free Drive Storage - Missed 30 Day Window - Thanks for the appreciation Google

I've got same result. I scored 200 points before the 16th, and a letter of congratulations on reaching the 4th level came only today (three days later).

It seems to me like some kind of trick

@AntonL wrote:

This kinda looks like someone is trying here to fiddle with facts. It says that the points are awarded within 24 hours. I've reached 200 points on evening of March 15th, local time (GMT +2), way before your deadline. In violation of your own stated time limits, google awarded me level 4 around 3 days after I've got to 200 points! And now I can't receive the +100Gb award, though I did reach lvl 4 2.5 days before deadline.

I'm not saying it worth arguing - it's only 100Gb, for only one year. I'm just saying this move makes people think on your appreciation of what local guides did. I might as well switch to products by other companies, since I've got this negative experience you're providing.

Level 4

Re: Free Drive Storage - Missed 30 Day Window - Thanks for the appreciation Google

Now, on https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/ the level 4 benefit "additional gdrive space" isn't listed anymore... It was present few hours ago (without redeem button).

It's disappointing...

Level 10

I've got same result. I scored 200 points before the 16th, and a letter of congratulations on reaching the 4th level came only today (three days later).

It seems to me like some kind of trick 

What are you complaining about? Three days?! The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued. So what's a problem?