JoinalAbedin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Dragon is growing in Bangladesh!

Dragon (7).jpg

In the context of Bangladesh the dragon is an elite fruit. Very few people know this. Being relatively expensive, this fruit is not usually seen in the market. But now this crop is cultivated in the soil of the country. The people of the class who did not know the name of this fruit, they grew up being the dragon saplings. 

Dragon (1).jpg

Recently I visited a garden in Shibpur upazila of Narsingdi near the capital, where dragon farming started for commercial purpose. Generally, dragon farming is done in three ways. These are: Vietnam method, Florida system and Sri Lanka system. After planting, the dragon fruit tree must be tied down with poles or pillars. Because the dragon's tree is shaped like a shimmer. 

There are 5 to 20 fruits found in a tree from 12 to 18 months old. But 25 to 100 fruits are found in an adult tree. Each hectare yields 20 to 25 tons. 

Dragon fruit likes lots of light. This fruit requires dry tropical weather. Mid-level rain is good for this fruit. If there is excessive rain, then the dragon flower blossoms. And fruit rotation occurs. This fruits can be cultivated in almost all types of soil. However, it is better to cultivate this fruit on highland which is not waterlogged. Better to cultivate this fruit is the high organic matter of sand-loam soil. 

The cultivation of dragon fruits in the Rajshahi, Natore, Narsingdi, Pabna, Bogra, Chittagong Hill tracks and many other districts in Bangladesh. Currently, about two thousand dragon gardens are being cultivated in whole country. The price of this fruit in the country's elite market is 500 to 600 BDT per kg. 

I believe, one day the dragon fruits of Bangladesh will win the world.  

Seeing how a fruit is maturedSeeing how a fruit is matured

A fruit grown in this garden is now matureA fruit grown in this garden is now mature

Arif Mridha has developed Dragon GardenArif Mridha has developed Dragon GardenDragon (5).jpg

Joy
Shibpur, Narsingdi, Bangladesh
30 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Dragon is growing in Bangladesh!

Hi @JoinalAbedin,

Woww that's so interesting and informative, I've never heard about such fruit. Did you try it? Is there any kind of tasty that you can relate it?  Do you know if there is a specific kind of weather for the cultivation? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@FelipePK Thank you so much. I'll update this post including your interest things. 

Joy
Level 8

@davidhyno I'm glad to be impressed with you. I will post details very soon 🙂

Joy
Level 10

@JoinalAbedin Thanks for sharing with us

Biswajit Chakraborty, Greetings from Dhaka-Bangladesh
Level 8

@Designer_Biswajit Thanks for inspiring bro...

Joy
Former Google Contributor

Hi @JoinalAbedin,

Thanks for sharing your post with us.

I love dragon fruit and it`s very healthy. This fruit is full of vitamins and iron.

PS.: You can have a look at these two articles 4 helpful lighting tips to improve your mobile photography and 6 tips for taking even better photos with your phone to make your posts more enjoyable.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Thanks for sharing @JoinalAbedin specially for photos,

I like dragon fruit but I never saw dragon garden before. Because it is a tropical fruit and is different with conditions and weather of  most areas of Iran, it is an expensive fruit. What about Bangladesh? I also appreciate if others tells about their countries.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

@FelipePK @davidhyno both of you wanted to know were mentioned below- 

Dragon fruit likes lots of light. This fruit requires dry tropical weather. Mid-level rain is good for this fruit. If there is excessive rain, then the dragon flower blossoms. And fruit rotation occurs. This fruits can be cultivated in almost all types of soil. However, it is better to cultivate this fruit on highland which is not waterlogged. Better to cultivate this fruit is the high organic matter of sand-loam soil. 

Joy