guidehal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Downloaded Local Guide app onto my BRAND NEW Google Pixil 2 phone. Now it's not there?

Hello,

I have a brand new Google Pixil 2 phone.  I discovered the Local Guide app and downloaded it onto my phone.  I signed up and started to update businesses in my town I knew about.  I earned a few points.  However, I can not find the Local Guides app on my phone anymore and it does not seem to be available for download.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

NC, United States
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Downloaded Local Guide app onto my BRAND NEW Google Pixil 2 phone. Now it's not there?

Hi @guidehal there is no Local Guides App.

You just accepted to enter the program when a popup showed in your Google Maps App.

You can be in the Local Guides program writing reviews, adding photos and editing places inside Google Maps App.

Let me know if I can help in some way.

Level 8

Re: Downloaded Local Guide app onto my BRAND NEW Google Pixil 2 phone. Now it's not there?

So, what app was I using then?

Thanks.

Level 10

@guidehal wrote:

So, what app was I using then?

Thanks.

Actually I think Google Maps.

Or maybe you just headed your browser to your Local Guides home, if you open it on a mobile phone looks like an app, and you can also create a shortcut in your phone: https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Level 8

Hi, all is done through the Google maps app in the contribution area, there you should play in the menu a bit to get to the right place. But all is there. 

Hope it would help!

Level 7

Hello @guidehal!

I see your confusion!  There is not a app for Local Guides. You signed in thru Google Maps app!

To get you back, SIGN back in , tap on your MAPS app and go to the Menu.  Usually on the left. Scroll to Your

Contribution!  You will be back adding photos and answering questions in no time.  Enjoy the new phone.  Looks & sound awesome to all it's features!

Annette from Florida USA