OnlineO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Doubt regarding share your India contest.!

Hi @AradhanaB. I came to know about "Share your India" contest through my colleague. I joined Local Guides immediately (October first week) after my colleague informed me about the contest and i started to review places in Google maps. I have two questions. One, when i logged into localguidesconnect website just now, i received multiple notifications that "You have earned Level X local guide badge" with the time frame nearby indicating 3 minutes ago.

But in my registered Gmail account, i have been receiving emails that "You have become a Level X local guide" whenever i had reached the required limit for the next level. Why is that so?. I immediately went through the contest page "https://maps.google.com/localguides/contest/share-your-india?hl=en" and my profile page of localguides where my profile page said i was registered just 4 minutes ago in public statistics though i had already logged into localguides and have been reviewing places in Google Maps.

So my second question or rather a doubt is, does it mean all my contributions so far during the month of October won't be counted for the contest? Is it a glitch in localguidespage? I have spent much of my work hours in reviewing places inorder to be the lucky one among the 10 who wins the contest and i would be entirely disappointed if Google won't consider the reviews i have contributed so far within the contest date but as per the statistics shown in Localguides profile page. 

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Doubt regarding share your India contest.!

The Local Guides Connect is a place for you to meet all your fellow Local Guides. From what you have mentioned it looks like you joined the Local Guides program and have been contributing and have received emails in your inbox, and later you joined LocalGuidesConnect and since you had already reached a certain level all the notifications for the past levels showed up. All high quality reviews that you have written in the contest duration would be considered for the contest. 

Thank you for joining the contest. 

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @OnlineO,

Please be noted that the Recognitions offered by Local Guides program and by the Local Guides Connection Forum are different.

In Local Guides program, once you joined, it will base on your contributions that got publish and awards you LG points accordingly.  Once you accumulate enough points, you can unlock the corresponding benefits of the particular level.

In this Connect Forum, the recognitions offered is Badges.  It will based on:

1.  Our Status in the LG program to earn certain Badges - Like Level 1 to 5, etc.

2.  Our Activities in the Connect Forum itself - Like Kudos received, Topics started, etc.

And those Badges will only be awarded to you upon your sign-in to Connect forum.

Regarding your participation in the "Share Your India" contest, it is not related to your membership status in the Connect Forum here.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

The Local Guides Connect is a place for you to meet all your fellow Local Guides. From what you have mentioned it looks like you joined the Local Guides program and have been contributing and have received emails in your inbox, and later you joined LocalGuidesConnect and since you had already reached a certain level all the notifications for the past levels showed up. All high quality reviews that you have written in the contest duration would be considered for the contest. 

Thank you for joining the contest. 

Level 4

@AradhanaB - Phew.! The answer saved my day (or my work i would say). I just have one request. When the results are announced by November 4 2016 for the Share Your India contest, kindly display the names of the winner's with the number of reviews that they have contributed during the contest period along with the number of reviews that was considered as high quality by Google. Thank you once again.

Level 4

@OnlineO how many reviews you have given ?