Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 8

Re: Double uploads of photos 🚡🚡

I have had to @Anonymous  you have no idea how many times Maps crashes on me before I am able to upload my review.

This is a legacy method of posting from the olden compute days and Beta testing Hardware & Software.  

Level 8

@0jay  I find I go faster and much more seamlessly when I take my time and follow my tried and true.

But you just made me aware of why possibly sometimes we crash in the middle of a process.  It may very well be a virtual IRQ genre conflict where the " 'if' and 'else if' " statements in the 'flow of control' are not syncing properly.  But this is out of our hands.  All we can do is create a detailed report to feedback.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

So @VBenedict it means that Google Maps have made u better computer person over time 😁😁.

Level 8

For sure @Anonymous  I am always learning from everything I do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BruceDM how are you? 

Is there something new about my subject? It's been a while and now I am not even able to upload photos or have to do it several times, but usually they just start to upload and that's it they don't upload at all. This is something new πŸ€”, wondering what is going on...

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Anonymous,

I didn't forget about you and I have shared your issue with the engineers.  At this time and as I already shared, I can confirm that slow network speeds are very much a factor in the duplicate issues and these happen in edge cases such as yours. I cannot get into the specific details of how this occurs.

As for splitting your contributions at a specific POI - I am looking at your pictures for Tera Keramika and it doesn't appear that things are splitting into two separate entries on a desktop version of Google Maps.  If possible and if you are having the contributions split, please share both URLs. Our internal filters will also work to remove your duplications in due course.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BruceDM thanks so much for your efforts and interest trying to resolve this issue. Everything is fine on desktop version, app is a problem.

I don't know how to provide contribution splits, sorry, I can only provide screenshots or URLs of hall places where problem exist.

Level 5

@KobyISP refers to your Internet Service Provider. A slow connection can very well be the culprit for multiple photos because as you try to upload a picture..for every time it fails to upload; it will try again. Once it does upload the picture, those failed attempts are still going to upload once the connection is strong enough. Thus making this is an ISP issue rather than a Google issue