Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 5

Re: Double uploads of photos 🚡🚡

For me it was an issue of "clicking" the upload button too often, I was uploading ~100 pictures of several locations and every once in a while a "rate this place" (one of the locations from the pictures) view popped up and after I did the rating, there was no progress bar anymore, but the "upload ~100 pictures" button. So I clicked again, more "rate this place" popups and several clicks later I ended up with ~10 copies of each of those pictures (1.1k pictures oO)... took me quite some time to remove the 900+ duplicates again... learning by mistake πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @0jay, we all do learn from mistakes we make, welcome to the club 😁.

Level 8

What happens to me is the opposite πŸ€”

I post the images and add comments and all; then later on when I do back to review or browse my images are gone.

My images are very good quality images.

Other times I can see them in my LG profile in the Photos tab but not on the Review Profile Photos tab.  e.g., Grand Central Terminal (Photo Tab). 

Additionally, I have provided Feedback on the fact that there are three separately listings for Grand Central Terminal when there should only be one under "Grand Central Terminal".  It is not a "Station"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VBenedict, thanks for joining conversation. 

This is common issue that u are facing. I'm also having same situation, my photos are not visible next to the review even do I have uploaded photos of that place that I'm reviewing. Or for example sometimes only some photos are shown next to the review but other not. 

So there are a lot of issues about this and probably not everything needs to be perfect 😁. Google Maps have come a long journey and they carry enormous amount of data so I suposue that there are some bugs that we need to put a side 😁.

Level 10

Level 10

I have basically the same problems as you, and agree that Google has come a long ways. The guides program and maps must be immensely complicated.

Having said that, I think it is our obligation to bring to light the apparent problems so Google is aware of them and can ultimately work on fixing them.

Not sure: Does Google monitor this forum for guides issues or is there another facility to report them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koby I belive this is a forum for Local Guides only but is strongly connected to the team that is working on Google Maps and whenever there is some issue that need to be reported to the team based on importance it is done so.

Level 8

Thank you  @Anonymous  pleased to meet your cyber acquaintance 😎 

Yes, it is annoying but I have learnt to give it a few days to a week before resubmitting the photos.

What does concern me the most is when the photos insist on not showing up on the listing Photos Tab at all... 😲  or show up for a while then disappear completely but do show along my review πŸ€”

Yes, I totally agree we must be patient and simply report the issue from time to time to keep the programmers apprised.  After all, they rely on our constant detailed feedback in order to correct and improve the product.

It is important hereby to acknowledge @BruceDM (whom has updated his profile photo πŸ™‚ ) that when the photos do not show up anywhere at all, it certainly is an ISP upload issue.

I have discovered that it is always best to:

a) write the review with "docs", b) pasting it to Maps, c) Post.  d) go back to Edit Review to ad photos in increments of three or four, e) keeping track of the upload notification on the notification bar. 

Some times it uploads at the speed of light and other times it crawls slower than a turtle, or not at all πŸ™ƒ

I have unlimited data with a 25gb throttle  and do not use Wi-Fi because it is terrible unreliable and insecure; more so than data bandwidths.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VBenedict it seems that u have mastered the technique of placing-up reviews and pictures.

Level 8

Of course @Koby we can safely inference that we most definitely are an integral part of the Google Maps (r)evolution πŸ‘€.  Whether you are a formal Beta tester,  simply participate as a LG, or both we contribute directly and indirectly.

Google Maps Connect, was implemented to support and guide us through our contribution efforts as volunteers.

That is why it is so important that as Google Maps Local Guides volunteers we put our very best foot forward in every aspect of the contribution spectrum.

Every breath we take as LGs in our respective communities, near or far, reflects on each and everyone of us; no to mention on Google Maps.