Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double uploads of photos 🚡🚡

This is common issue, whenever I upload more than 50 photos to Maps there are sometimes doubled:

Screenshot_20180212-192951.jpg

This is the most recent example

What could be the cause of this?  

Maybe this happenes when internet breaks or something like that, I don't see other reason...

Does somebody have a clue ?

Serbia
37 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Double uploads of photos 🚡🚡

Hello @Anonymous,

This may occasionally be a product of your ISP and the strength of the internet connection at the time you are doing your upload.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @Anonymous,

This may occasionally be a product of your ISP and the strength of the internet connection at the time you are doing your upload.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BruceDM, thanks for answering. So as I assumed it's a matter of occasionally bad internet connection when uploading...

Level 10

I had thought they fixed this, because it hasn't happened to me for a while. But I did notice when it was happening to me a lot that it happened when I had slow internet. Slow internet causing duplicates seems like an issue that Google programmers should be able to fix.

@BruceDM , can you report this as a bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This does seem rather oddly that happens so often @JosephDewey, but it's probably not from crutial point that needs resolving...

Level 10

hi @Anonymous
Exactly, when you have a bad Internet, this problem happens

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Rezgar, it does make sense...

Level 10

You're welcome! @Anonymous

Level 10

How could  the strength of the internet cause duplicate  pictures?

What do you mean by product of ISP. Doesn't make sense. Happens on occasion to me as well. Can happen when just posting a few photos.  I don't see the duplicates attached to the review, but see them when I choose to look at "photos'. I don't see that I get points for the duplicates. Think it's more like a bug in the reviews software.

Level 10

@Koby This is a great point.

I can't think of how, either. I can think of how bad internet might result in 0 pictures, but I can't think of how bad internet ends up resulting in 2 pictures. And for me, it's always been two pictures. Why not 3 or 4 when the internet is especially bad? Very good point.