Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does reporting spam and irrelevant photography really work ?

I have done it so much times. But reporting a bad or spam picture seems no use. There are a lot of bad pictures on Maps and I don't know how Google manage to get rid of them. I'm always happy to help, but not sure if it works. Does anybody know something about this?

Serbia, Belgrade
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Does reporting spam and irrelevant photography really work ?

Hi @Anonymous. First of all a warm Welcome back to Connect, after a long time, and sorry for missing your march post

Well, to reply to your answer, I can say that some of the photo I've flagged has already been removed. Of course it takes time, as I think this is a human verification activity, and there are a lot of flagged photos everyday.

We have people posting wrong photos by mistake, and people posting irrelevant photos everywhere, only to get points. In the second case, you can speedup the operation of cleanup reporting the LG in here.

How ,to do this? Please read: /Help-Desk/How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/

As this is one of your first post in here, and some change have been already made in Connect site, I take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Need Help: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the detailed information about this topic. I was in fact searching for the same topic so I wouldn't repeat, but couldn't find anything. I guess I wasn't persistent enough. Again, thanks.

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @Anonymous

In fact the help desk is improved day by day, and is becoming a reference for most of us

Ermes