Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Do you use Pinterest?

I just created a Local Guides board on my pinterest account showcasing cool content from here on Connect plus inspiration around why i contribute to Google Maps. Let me know if you have a Local Guides pinterest board by posting it here so we can all follow each other 🙂 

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 2.16.30 PM.png

8 comments
Level 6

Re: Do you use Pinterest?

Thanks, I dont use Pinterest myself, but Ill be sure to let my friends who do know about this.

Level 8

Good idea @Corrie Here's the board I made for my city Local Guides Queretaro I hope you like it!

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides

Very cool @LuisHM - i just followed your board 🙂

Level 9
Level 9

@CorrieD wrote:

showcasing cool content from here on Connect plus inspiration around why i contribute to Google Maps.

Hi @Corrie

Really lovely photos, but do you think it needs to be made clearer that some photos are great to share in Connect but should not be added to Google Maps? For example 'Landscapes from around the world' and other photos which are of general area shots can't really be added to the map as they are not of a specific place so they can't be attached to a POI. Do you think the forum (and LG guidelines) would benefit from a pinned staffer message explaining this?

@Pea Many of the photos shared here on Connect are not tied to Maps, but I do hear what you are saying. Given that all photos must be tied to a place to count for points (and we say that throughout our program messaging) I think we are ok for now. I will flag this to add to our Photo article though. 

Level 9
Level 9

@CorrieD wrote:

Given that all photos must be tied to a place to count for points (and we say that throughout our program messaging) I think we are ok for now. I will flag this to add to our Photo article though. 

Thanks @Corrie . A lot of LGs don't understand this, there are often questions about it. I don't think LGs can find the info easily, they often create (or want to create) spurious POIs just so they have something to add their photo to

Level 10

That's a weird connection, but i love it!!! 🙂

Will follow your board @Corrie! Please, feel free to follow some of my boards!

Level 7

Wow! This is another creative way to follow Local Guide information. 

Thanks for sharing~!

Sadly, I think RSS is being forgotten on the net nowadays...

May the MAP be with us all.---Nick EarthWalker
FB:https://www.facebook.com/tatooinenick325
IG:https://www.instagram.com/tatooinenick325/