Kaku4's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Do we have any career in Local Guide ?

Hi Google Moderator,

When I reach on Level 10 in Local Guide then what Would be next thing, means what would happen then ? Do I have or will I get any career opportunity as a Local Guide ?

Can I make my career as a local guide or it just a volunteering to be a local guide.

Thanks

Kaku

Gurugram, Haryana, India
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Do we have any career in Local Guide ?

@Kaku4 Local Guides is a volunteer program that we can participate in our free time. It does not pay a salary or any financial gain. So, I don't think one can consider it as a career.

If you would like to join Google as a career (may or may not be related to Local Guides or Maps), you can seek more info and apply here. https://careers.google.com

View solution in original post

Level 10

@Kaku4

Hi

Good question indeed.

I as an LG, would suggest you to read complete Google guidelines and specific fundamentals such as

# 5 core values of Connect Global Community.

# 14 Helpful tips for using connect

# New to Community

# How do I follow the Original content guidelines

This is purely a voluntary services and there is no financial benefits. However, Google under it's discretion, provide few perks as and when necessary for it's true dedicated contributor's. 

Check out on #Perks.

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 10
Solution

@Kaku4 Local Guides is a volunteer program that we can participate in our free time. It does not pay a salary or any financial gain. So, I don't think one can consider it as a career.

If you would like to join Google as a career (may or may not be related to Local Guides or Maps), you can seek more info and apply here. https://careers.google.com

Level 7

Hi @StephenAbraham,

Thanks for your response,  through if someone reach at level 10 then still there is no surety whether he will get something or not.............As I know this is voluntary approach to become local Guide but still because if someone giving his time and efforts and still not sure that whether he will get anything or nothing.

Thanks

Kaku4

Google Moderator

Hello @Kaku4,

I will jump in here, in addition to what @StephenAbraham had mentioned that this is a voluntary program and we don't focus on giving rewards constantly, but we do offer perks or rewards from time to time.

In that case, be sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides home.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Hi @AngieYC,

You are so quick, waoo, yes I got it and I understand each and everything now.

No more further questions on this topic.

By the way thanks.

Thanks

Kaku4

Google Moderator

Hello @Kaku4,

I am glad everything is clear now, in the future if you have any further questions or issues please feel free to tag one of the Google Moderators or Connect Moderators

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!