cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Discover Warsaw in summer

Discover Warsaw in summer

Where to stay

The city of Warsaw is growing and developing at great pace. The city is a mix between the old and the modern that gives it a special atmosphere and charm.

Where to stay in Warsaw is really important! Choosing the best spot can save you time because you can walk from your accommodation to each point of interest.

For our travel in Warsaw, we looked for hotels nearby the Palace of Culture and Science for its great hotel offer. During our search, we found the Residence 1898 which offers apartments with a very affordable price. 
The apartment had everything we needed: a nice kitchen equipped with the necessary tools, a bedroom, and a big bathroom.

Some tips
  • The currency is the zloty.
  • If you came or pay with euros, the easy way to calculate is to divide by 4 the zloty and you will have the amount in euros.
  • If you arrive by plane, try to arrive at Chopin’s Airport and not to Modlin’s Airport, it’s 11 km instead of 39 km.
  • We recommend to take an Uber from the Airport and to the Airport, the amount is correct.
50 zloty   Must see

After letting the bags in the room and having a good night, the best way to discover Warsaw is by getting up early and have a breakfast on the go.

The city could be done in 2 days on foot. The hotel is fairly central and the first tip is to have breakfast in the cafe on the way to the Palace of Culture and Science. You will see the picture lowermost section of Cafe Nero. This British chain of coffee had a lot of coffee shops in Warsaw. They offer Italian coffee and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

Succeeding our caffeine shot and some pastries, the day can start. You will see on the horizon a big stone building with a squarish shape. It’s the famous Palace of Culture and Science. You will find the tourism office, a movie theater, the museum of technology, the museum of evolution, the club Mirage and hotels all around the block.

Shortly after having a lot of selfies and pictures with this big Soviet building the best way to rich the Old Warsaw is by foot. The good news is that during the walk you can visit several monuments and points of interest.

The closest and the one worth visiting for its history is the monument of Nicolaus Copernicus, famous mathematician and astronomer who formulated a model of the universe that placed the Sun rather than the Earth at the center of the universe. You will walk about 10 minutes and you just have to find the Swietokrzyska street and walk 4 blocks towards the river and then turn to the left at Nowy Swiat street. On the right, you will see a white building appear: the Staszic Palace and then the square with the statue in the middle.

Nicolaus Copernicus

On the track to the Old Warsaw, you will follow all along Krakowskie Przedmiescie street and will discover at your right, after 500 meters, the Presidential Palace or in Polish the Palac Prezydencki.

Palac Prezydencki

Keep this path and if after 5 minutes walk you see at your right the Saint-Anne church it’s because you are heading in the right direction, the old town. When you arrive at the Sigismund’s Column it’s a sign that you are entering the old town of Warsaw. Don’t forget to have a look into the river and you will see the football stadium on the horizon.

You will have to your right the Royal Palace that was destroyed in 1944 but was rebuilt in the ’70s with his own baroque style.

Royal Palace Warsaw Barbican

Then the idea is to lose yourself in the small streets discovering the restaurants, souvenir shops, and the houses with their characteristic architecture and colors.

Your task will be to arrive at the Old Town Market Place and enjoy a drink in one of the bars and take a picture of the Mermaid Monument!

Mermaid Monument

If you have one more day and you like walking in a peaceful park, the Lazienki Park is the perfect spot. It’s the biggest park in town and you have different types of gardens inside, like a Chinese garden, a French garden, and an English garden and much more.

You also have the palace in the middle of the park with a lovely lake and 2 cafes nearby to enjoy a drink with the sounds of the trees.

Palace in Lazienki Park   Eat & DrinkCaffè Nero
  • Best coffee in Warsaw: Caffè Nero
  • Good Polish cuisine with a nice terrace: Folk Gastronomia
  • Kind of Italian hipster restaurant: Aïoli
  • Best food market in Warsaw: It’s a secret! We show you some photos and if you want to know more, don’t hesitate to contact me! 😉 ↓↓ ↓
Moscow Mule Gin & Tonic

If you want more information, don’t hesitate to comment, ask some questions (English, French or Spanish)!

Want to visit Etretat, France!

By Daniel RS
Warsaw, Poland
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Discover Warsaw in summer

Hello @DanielRmrzSnz,

I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @DanielRmrzSnz,

Thank you very much for sending out these great pictures and also for sharing the useful travel details in the community! Warsaw is a nice city and I'm sure whoever comes to explore it, won't be disappointed at all!

I would like to kindly remind you to put the Google maps link when you would like to point a location, instead of adding the websites of the business itself. Here on Connect commercial advertising is not very well appreciated. Please check out again the community rules.

I hope you won't mind to change the websites in your post with the appropriate link of their location from Google maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thanks a lot, @LilyanaZ & @KatyaL 🙂 !

By Daniel RS
Level 8

Hello @KatyaL

I just change the links for Google Maps one 😉

Best,

Daniel

By Daniel RS

Hi @DanielRmrzSnz,

I greatly appreciate this. Thank you! 

I'm looking forward to see some of your next travel experiences here on Connect.

Have fun and see you around!