NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Discover Greece: amazing Meteora

meteora_4.jpg

Every summer I'm taking my big road trip. My team it’s my family - my husband and two children (boy and boy). For one month we forget about work, studies etc. It’s time for discovering world! We travelled during all August. We acrossed 12 countries this year - Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Austria and Hungary. I want to tell about amazing places on my way. And I start from Greece and incredible place - Meteora.

The Monastery of VarlaamThe Monastery of Varlaam

Meteora is rock formation. Its age is more than a thousand years. Can you imagine?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Do you see The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas?Do you see The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas?

6 Eastern Orthodox monasteries are on peaks. They were built on 14th-16th centuries. Interesting detail: in 16th century there were 24 monasteries. But they were destroyed.  

The Monastery of RousanouThe Monastery of RousanouThe Monastery of the Holy TrinityThe Monastery of the Holy TrinityThe Monastery of VarlaamThe Monastery of VarlaamThe Monastery of Great MeteoronThe Monastery of Great MeteoronThe Monastery of St. StephenThe Monastery of St. Stephen

Monks and nuns still live in monasteries.

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Meteora is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Amazing Meteora's valleyAmazing Meteora's valleyJust me :-)Just me 🙂

Kyiv, Украина
31 comments
Level 10

Re: Discover Greece: amazing Meteora

Hi @NatalkaR

Thanks for sharing your experience and Photos about long vacation across 12 countries. Photos are very beautiful and outstanding. It is great moments to have entire family together for one month, away from all work and enjoying  long trip, I appreciate it.

Vijay Desai.

Level 8

Bls: Discover Greece: amazing Meteora

Wonderful placr and very beautiful places @NatalkaR

I wish I be there someday.

Level 10

Hi @NatalkaR,

Thanks for sharing Meteora Greece. I didn't know this place and it has been great to discover it with you. It is amazing and it gives me the desire to go there! Your photos are well taken.

How long does the walk take to go up there?

See you soon 

Jul

Level 9

Thanks @NatalkaR for sharing!

Amazing,beautiful photos!

breathtaking view on the monasteries !This place METEORA so increadible!

I visit also this wonderful place 2 years ago.

Level 10

@helga19 @AgoesSantosa @VijayDesai @Julien44 thanks for your kind words!

@Julien44 from parking to the monastery - about 15 minutes. I thougth about walking from one monastery to the other. but you should have enough time. it seems that monasteries are near one from another. but in fact you should walk 50 minutes... 

Level 9

Every year we are waiting one of our great Local guides posts about her journey around the world and finally she release her first beautiful post ,

About amaaazing Meteora Greece 

Very very nice Posts and Photos I like the photos so much ,

12 countries this year so we are waiting much of incredible posts 🙂

Keep inspire us @NatalkaR 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful posts and photos with us .

Level 8

Transportasi apa yang anda gunakan untuk mencapai tiap tempat tersebut?. Bagaimana perihal biaya dan tarif lainnya? Apakah lokasi menuju kesana sudah mudah dijangkau? Terima kasih. @NatalkaR

@OSAMA Apa kabar?

Level 8

Чудова подорож 💪😎

Connect Moderator

12 countries in a year !!! What a wonderful traveling post and pictures @NatalkaR Thanks for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.