RasheedA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Disappointed!!

Disappointed. I'm really disappointed from all of you. I thought I did a great job, I did the impossible many times to get some shots, I even got caught by the Jordanian police for photographing or entering certain places!! I have spent a good deal of money to visit places here and there just to take shots and make comments.. I think I'm dealing with machines, computers, answering machines, boards, walls.. not "humans".. I have lost a lot of time and money FOR WHAT?? No one just took a glance at my work here.... I'm thinking of erasing and deleting everything...even my account. I'm really disappointed of all of you.. I'm no longer your local guide

Jordan
30 comments
Level 9

Re: Disappointed!!

Don't be sad buddy. There is another summit next year. Maybe there are people here that are more qualified. They only alloted 150 slots around the world. We are 200k+ here. Please understand them. 

Level 7

Dear @RasheedA, We can understand your feelings as we are on same page. Take your time but please don't rush into such decisions.

You are a great contributor and all great contributors have great heart as well. Therefore, take your time, as the game is still on.

Please do let me know in case you visit Dubai and we can meet without any special arrangements 🙂

Regards,

Ejaz Shah

Level 8

I thought we are doing this out of our own will, because we love to do it!...I wasn't selected but am not bitter at all even though I wanted to be there so bad. Am sure everyone wanted to be there but we can't be there all of us, it's impossible! Am really disappointed that such a comment can come from a guide who wasn't selected. Which makes me think that you're here for the wrong reason.

Level 9

Me 2 as my dedication was not recognized. Signing out of Google Maps and local guys connect. I think list of attendees must prepared before itself

Good bye,,, 

Level 8

Very sorry to hear about that from you @RasheedA and @Gopinallaiyan but i thought we contribute to maps for the good of the world.

I was not selected last year but this year i was selected and i think you'd just exercise some bit of patience. 

Getting selected also doesn't mean automatic attending coz the Ugandan who was selected last year didn't get the visa and so he didn't attend.

Happy Mapping

Level 5

I'm NO LONGER a local guide. Goodbye to NO ONE!

I did the impossible many times to get some shots, I even got caught by the police for photographing or entering certain places!! I have lost a good deal of money to visit places here and there just to take shots and make comments.... FOR WHAT?? No one just took a glance at my work here.... I'm thinking of erasing and deleting everything...even my account. I'm really disappointed of all of you.. I'm no longer your local guide

Level 9

Re: I'm NO LONGER a local guide. Goodbye to NO ONE!

@RasheedA please don't get disappointed. Keep on contributing you will get the chance. 

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10

Re: I'm NO LONGER a local guide. Goodbye to NO ONE!

Don't give up.

In 2016 they selected 75 people

In 2017 they selected 150 people

If they do it again in 2018 maybe they will select 300 people?  And think of how much your photos and reviews have helped people using Google maps.  They appreciate the help whether they tell you or not.

˚͜˚
Level 9

@RasheedA @Gopinallaiyan sorry to hear that you are dissapointed. But my dear you are an inspiration for other local guides. 

Here on Google Maps we are working for a better tomorrow. 

@RasheedA @Gopinallaiyan Thank you so much for being a very good localguide. 

Don't  go. Keep smiling and laughing. 

Also keep contributing and exploring Google Map. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.