PatsyR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Different countries, different customs

In many countries a bar is a place where you go to have a drink, and a restaurant is a place where you go to eat. However in Spain (and maybe other countries) there are Bar-Restaurants, places which are bars, but which also serve 3-course meals (not just snacks which most Spanish bars do anyway), and which make their money fairly equally from both parts. The categories available are bar or restaurant, neither of which is really accurate in this situation. 

Is there any way in which we can use two categories for these places?

Thanks

Spain
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Different countries, different customs

Hi @PatsyR

Please note that there is no option to add two categories for one place. But you can submit this idea in our Idea Exchange board. More information about this board you can find in the article How do I use the Idea Exchange?

P.S.: I'm going to change the label to your idea to How-tos

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 10

Thanks dear @PatsyR,  indeed customer differs from country to country.  Here in India, both places are seperate,  except hi-fi hotels. 

So,  also language understood differently.  For example:  restroom called by different name. 

So it would be good to have customized category to different countries or continents or we must add more categories. 

Thanks again for your valuable idea exchange. 

Solution

Hi @PatsyR

Please note that there is no option to add two categories for one place. But you can submit this idea in our Idea Exchange board. More information about this board you can find in the article How do I use the Idea Exchange?

P.S.: I'm going to change the label to your idea to How-tos

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

Thank you very much for reading and responding to my question. As suggested I have submitted it (slightly edited) into the Ideas Exchange and hope that it will be given some consideration.

Hi @PatsyR,

A kind reminder, you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!