Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Delhi Gate Lahore Photowalk

Delhi Gate Lahore Photowalk

Dehli Gate

Inside Delhi Gate،, Akbari Mandi Walled City, Lahore, Punjab 54000, Pakistan

December 09, 2018 @ 08:00 (PKT)

I am organizing this walk to map places inside the walled city of Lahore and improve those which are already by new reviews and photos. We will be meeting at Delhi Gate Lahore at 8am on Sunday 9th December. Cost: The event will be free. you'll pay for what you choose to eat from any restaurant on foodstreet. Delhi Gate is one of the 13 gates of the walled city of Lahore named because during Mughal era travelers coming from Delhi(now in India) used to enter through this gate. There are a number of historic places along the whole photowalk route. We will be having breakfast at the end of the route. Places we will cover: Delhi Gate Shahi Hamam Wazir Khan Mosque Dina Nath Well Sunehri Mosque Taxali Gate(famous redlight district) Lahore Talkies(oldest cinema in Lahore) Fort Road food street Music Market Lahore Fort Badshahi Mosque Hazuri Bagh Important Instructions: Arrival time: 08:00 AM. Meeting Pint: Delhi Gate. Please bring your photo/video camera/cell phone along in a safe bag/hand carry. Please wear comfortable shoes for the walk. Please have your water bottle along (if required).

RSVP here

Inside Delhi Gate،, Akbari Mandi Walled City, Lahore, Punjab 54000, Pakistan
5 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Delhi Gate Lahore Photowalk

Hello @MysticalLama,

Thank you for organizing and hosting the photo walk meet-up! I have never been in Delhi, so please share with us the recap after that and best of luck for a successful meet-up .

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hey @Ivi_Ge

This is actually in the Pakistani city of Lahore. Lahore in the olden times was a city of gates (13 gates to be exact), which is also how the city got its name. As the city expanded, what is left of the old city are the buildings and the facade of the old gates. So Delhi Gate was one of the many famous gates (namely Bhatti, Lohari, Yakki Gate) etc. More deets below
https://locallylahore.com/blog/gates-of-walled-city-of-lahore/ 

Google Moderator

Thank you for the explanation @NoonSayNabeel. I was thinking that the gate is in Delhi.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Thank you @Ivi_Ge, as @NoonSayNabeel mentioned the Dehli Gate is in Lahore Pakistan, Fun fact: There's a Lahori Gate in Dehli, India as well. 

This is my first meetup. looking forward to it. I'll share recap here with photos after the meetup.

Google Moderator

All the best for your first meet-up and good luck @MysticalLama. Take more photos and share with us 🙂 If you share them on social, use #LocalGuides so we can follow along!