MysticalLama's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Delhi Gate Lahore Photowalk - 9th December

I am organizing this walk to map places inside the walled city of Lahore and improve those which are already by new reviews and photos. We will be meeting at Delhi Gate Lahore at 8am on  Sunday 9th December. 

Delhi Gate is one of the 13 gates of the walled city of Lahore named because during Mughal era travelers coming from Delhi(now in India) used to enter through this gate. There are a number of historic places along the whole photowalk route. We will be having breakfast at the end of the route.

Places we will cover:

• Delhi Gate
  • Shahi Hamam
  • Wazir Khan Mosque
  • Dina Nath Well
  • Sunehri Mosque
  • Taxali Gate(famous redlight district)
  • Lahore Talkies(oldest cinema in Lahore)
  • Fort Road food street
  • Music Market
  • Lahore Fort
  • Badshahi Mosque
  • Hazuri Bagh

Important Instructions:

• Arrival time: 08:00 AM.
  • Meeting Pint: Delhi Gate.
  • Please bring your photo/video camera/cell phone along in a safe bag/hand carry.
  • Please wear comfortable shoes for the walk.
  • Please have your water bottle along (if required).

@AIMAN_SAEED would like your presence in this photowalk.

Some photos for others to know what to expect. A minaret of Wazir Khan MosqueA minaret of Wazir Khan Mosque

Street food Samosa ChatStreet food Samosa Chat

IMG_1922.jpg

Fort road Food StreetFort road Food Street

an Antique shop in the old cityan Antique shop in the old city

Badshahi MosqueBadshahi Mosque

Taxali Gate (historic redlight district of Lahore- it's a tourist area now)Taxali Gate (historic redlight district of Lahore- it's a tourist area now)

IMG_1968-2.jpg

9 comments
Level 8

Re: Delhi Gate Lahore Photowalk - 9th December

Amazing. All the very best @MysticalLama. Did your submit your meetup yet? If not, then follow this post and also this post will help you to understand better how to submit and prepare for your meetup.

Level 7

Thank you Aiman, it's not a sponsored meetup. I am organising it on my own. Rest I have submitted the meetup using your instructions. 

Thanks for guidance. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MysticalLama,

Thanks for sharing your idea for a Delhi Gate Lahore Photowalk meeting. Please follow the steps described here to organise a meet-up, so that your fellow Local Guides can click on RSVP button to contribute.

I hope you won't mind to share a recap from your meeting afterwards.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Thank you @KatyaL

I'll share the recap here after the event. Thanks for the guidance. looking forward to my first meetup. it's already approved

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MysticalLama,

Great to hear that! Have fun and I'm looking forward to see your Recap.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

@MysticalLama bro don't you think your to do list is too big??

I mean we can't cover all those places you have mentioned in just one meet up.....

SAM
Level 8

@MysticalLama  thats such a great idea .best wishes for meetup. it will done very succesfully.I wish I could join in this meet up. Well no matter what you guys will enjoy

make fun and enjoy it.

Thanks dear for sharing this information.

Level 7

Hi, @Sami-ur-rahman actually I have done such photo walks with my friends in the past total route is 3km approx. all these places I mentioned fall on the main route without any detour. except for Shahi Hamam and Wazir Khan mosque, all places won't take more than 5 mins each.

Looking forward to you attendance. 

Level 7

Thank you @KatyaL I'll definitely tag you when I share the recap.  Lahore is rich with its history and culture.