RashmiM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Deenapani- Kasardevi, Almora

Only eight kilometer North of the Almora town,Deenapani and Kasardevi are two secret gems in the crown of the beautiful Kumaon.They have all that puts together a wonderful haven for travellers- economical,easily reachable, solitary, great local people and stunning landscapes. On a lucid day, a panoramic vista of the great Himalayas opens out above Kasardevi and Deenapani. 

On top of a picturesque ridge runs a narrow road dotted with a couple of hundred tiny households. The area known as the Hippie Hill is also called Crank's Ridge, was once a vibrant nucleus of the hippie culture that exuded finest art,literature,mysticism and culture.

The charm of this place has drawn great names for decades- Swami Vivekananda,Bob Dylan, D.H. Lawrence, Earl Brewster,George Harrison, Timothy Leary to name a few. Timothy Leary went on to say on record that this place is blessed with a unique cosmic force that puts it on par with Machu Picchu and Stonehenge. 

Kasardevi is also known for its ancient 2nd century temple where Swami Vivekananda is said to have attained enlightenment.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Kasar Devi Temple, Almora Rd, Khatyari, Almora, Uttarakhand, India
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Deenapani- Kasardevi, Almora

Hi @RashmiM,

I just wanted to let you know that I've released your post from our spam quarantine. Apologies for any inconvenience caused - our spam filters are sensitive and can be triggered by a myriad of functions.

Thank you for sharing these two gems with the community. I actually really enjoyed reading your post and I find it very interesting. Would you please re-upload the pictures, because they are not visible?

Looking forward to check the photos. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Re: Deenapani- Kasardevi, Almora

@KlaudiyaG

Thanks a lot. The place has a lot of history and I really enjoyed the experience.

Even I was perplexed why the write up was not on the wall.