IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

DIY Helmet for your 360 camera!

I wanted to do a trial trail mounting my 360 camera on a helmet.

As I’m normally traveling through dreadful paths where carrying a 360 camera with a monopod is impossible; I wanted to mount it on a helmet. So that walking along the tough path carrying my travel kit will be easy. Having this in my mind, I went to buy a trekking helmet where I could mount my camera. After running around so many places, I ended up tired but none of the helmets suited me.

It was either packed up where I cannot wear it for a long time under the broiling sun in Sri Lanka, or it could not support me to mount my camera on it. At last, I got a sparkle when I saw a cycling helmet which was very light weighted. Brought it home, sat and started wondering how can I go out trekking in this sweet and bright colors. Of course, it was pink and blue. After thinking for a while, I took my spray paint bottle out and started transforming it. After coloring it black, I fixed a holder on top of it which was with me already (it came down with another GPS camera I bought last year) and mounted the camera on top of it!

Here I come with the perfect helmet to mount my camera for my trekking journeys, why not for cycling and walking on rural roads?

Have a look at how I made it!

@LucioV I got this idea after watching your video. Finally, I also made a one.

Sri Lanka
16 comments
Level 8

Re: DIY Helmet for your 360 camera!

Good job @IlankovanT It's nice to see you made a short tutorial with the material you used, looks cheal and really helpful. I'll see if my Samsung 360 works mounted on a helmet.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 10

Great work @IlankovanT!!! Share a nice 360 cycling adventure as soon as possible!

Another cool add could be a distancial between the mount and the Theta, so you can use an external battery for more filming range capabilities!

Nice being some kind of inspiration!

Level 9

Thank you @LuisHM. it cost me  < $2

@LucioV Thanks for the great ideas. I was worried about the Theta battery, I will try this and make something workable. thank you.

Level 10

@IlankovanT This is really cool. Love to see a video done using this.

Level 10

Cool, @IlankovanT

And indeed that helmet badly needed that paint. 🙂

Level 9

@IlankovanT This is cool. Share videos you take from this

Level 8

Ha haa thats nice

Level 10

@IlankovanT

Great !

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 9

@AnuradhaP @SumuduH @iDepp @NadunD Thank you, not only video, I'm doing 360 photographs also. by next week I will publish all those,