IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

DIY - 360 Camera adapter for Helmet!

Most of the time, I enjoy making things on my own and I have been a Crazy DIY practitioner since my childhood. Also, I love to share this kind of stuff online in order to help those who have similar interest as well as support those who cannot physically afford certain sophisticated components of technology.

In the same way, I had a frequent issue with my Theta 360 when I go on long nature trails. When the battery drains out, I had to unmount the camera from my helmet to get it charged by my power bank. one day @LucioV recommended me a small tool that would help me lift the camera a bit so that I can plug the power bank in, while the camera is mounted on the helmet leaving space to plug the charger in. I decided to make it myself and here goes the video capture. This is my second attempt with Theta 360. First one was the helmet (DIY Helmet for your 360 camera!) and now it is this.

Sri Lanka
26 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: DIY - 360 Camera adapter for Helmet!

Hey @IlankovanT

I saw a DIY project and immediately jumped into your topic. I love DIY projects.

Your adapter is so clever and great, that I want to make myself one right away. Even though the Theta is very light, does it wiggle when you shake your head? I am generally curious.

Thanks for sharing.

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Looks great @IlankovanT.

You'll get best video.. Happy to see this..

Level 10

Great work @IlankovanT! Glad I gave you the hint to build this little useful tool! 🙂

Another thing I'm working on is a little selfie stick out of a semi-rigid backpack!

Level 8

Great DIY project. @IlankovanT @LucioV

Thanks for sharing. 

Cheers 

Level 9

Hi,

@GeorgesHR wrote:

Hey @IlankovanT

I saw a DIY project and immediately jumped into your topic. I love DIY projects.

Your adapter is so clever and great, that I want to make myself one right away. Even though the Theta is very light, does it wiggle when you shake your head? I am generally curious.

Thanks for sharing.

Georges

@GeorgesHR thank you and happy to hear that you also want to make one. I will show you some results from this adaptor soon 🙂 it works perfectly.

I would recommend you to make the adapter 5 centimeters long.

Level 9

Thank you @FuvadShah@Badruddeen.

Level 9

Thank you @LucioV, that's really nice. I'm planning to make a small circle ring/sticker on the helmet to hide the mounting clip from the photos/videos. 

@LucioV wrote:

Great work @IlankovanT! Glad I gave you the hint to build this little useful tool! 🙂

Another thing I'm working on is a little selfie stick out of a semi-rigid backpack!

Level 10

Wow! Great work brother @IlankovanT thanks for sharing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm, nice @IlankovanT

There is mine, version 1Screenshot_20180414-085150.png

2018-04-10-16-36-17-241.jpg

Version 2 will be more stable 🙂