Eire27's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

DIGITAL PEN PALS

Today at work I was reading a post on Connect when my friend asked me, what is connect. I explained to her that it was a place where people could connect and share stories about their country. This got me thinking about when I was younger, before the internet and Facebook, I had 2 pen pals, one from Germany and one from Greece, we would write letters to each other and share stories of our country and culture. I would take photographs, go to the pharmacy to get them printed and send with my letters to my pen pals in Germany and in Greece. My children thought this was so funny that I had to go to so much trouble just to send my photographs to my friends abroad. Anyway, so now that I am on connect, I have people to share things with from all over the world. Today you are, My Digital Pen Pals 🤗🤗🌍🌎🌏 

6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: DIGITAL PEN PALS

Hey @Eire27

This is exactly the aim of Connect. Thinking backward is kind of funny, but even my parents before getting married were communicating through letter correspondence. It was kind of romantic but definitely technology nowadays helped us to share our feeling and our discoveries in a very fast way.

Hope that Connect will keep both elements, the sense of discovery and of sharing with others with the help of easy and friendly technology.

I wish you a lovely day ahead. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you @Sorbe and so sweet about your parents 😊

Level 9

It's a connect community @Eire27

Thank you for sharing with us.

Level 10

Rif.: DIGITAL PEN PALS

Hi friend! Hi agree with @Eire27 and @Sorbe ..... but in many occasion I prefer write down by my hand the best wishes on special occasions .... it's just that touch of humanity and warmth that something written can give.

Have a good day, 

David

Former Google Contributor

Hey @davidhyno

Agree with you. Even though my calligraphy is pretty bad, I prefer to leave something of me, especially for birthday wishes occasions.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @davidhyno  yes I always write Birthday Cards and Christmas cards and post to my family and friends. I love receiving Birthday cards etc. In the post.  It makes you feel special that somebody took the time to personally write it for you. But on a World wide scale the Internet help you to talk to people from every corner of the world in an instant, which is something I could have only imagined when I was a child. A mix of both is good, the written and the digital age ☺