YasumiKikuchi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[DEEP TAIWAN] Art all over the village "Rainbow Village" in Taichung ~彩虹眷村 in 台中~

"Taichung" is the third city located in the middle of Taiwan. The population increase of the capital city Taipei became a problem, and improvement is being carried out now rapidly to urge migration. It is surprising that the route bus is free🚌🆓 prices are two-thirds of Taipei etc. It is a very easy-to-live special zone. Imagine Portland, Oregon, USA🤔

CIMG0112.jpg180614-121458_R.JPGCIMG0136.jpg180614-122207_R.JPG180614-122406_R.JPG180614-121408_R.JPG180614-122053_R.JPG180614-122228_R.JPG180614-121306_R.JPG180614-121949_R.JPG180614-122218_R.JPG

Taiwan's industry is sightseeing. There are so many street art in Taichung. Among them, "Rainbow Village" stands outstanding🏘 Because the whole small village is street art!😮😃😍

Please watch the video. That's amazing!😲 It is painted in extreme colors, and the mood rises regardless of the weather⤴

180614-121750_R.JPG180614-121808_R.JPG

Let's surprise more. Which organization produced this art?

A 90-year-old father who did not receive art education produced by one person!!😮😲😆

CIMG0138.jpg180614-121929_R.JPG180614-122009_R.JPG180614-122144_R.JPG180614-122240_R.JPG180614-122330_R.JPG

This village is called "Juàn cūn(眷村)" and is a public apartment house provided to soldiers. The old soldier "Huáng grandpa(黄伯伯)" began to paint by killing time to the village which was about to be demolished for redevelopment soon

CIMG0151.jpg180614-122313_R.JPG180614-122419_R.JPG

He did not advertise. However, the person who came by chance was touched and was explosively advertised on the Internet more. As a result, the mayor decided to cancel the demolition of the village🤝 A heartwarming story was saved with a heartwarming picture💖

180614-121815_R.JPG180614-121742_R.JPG180614-121825_R.JPG180614-121731_R.JPG

Let's surprise once more. He still lives here😆

CIMG0099.jpg180614-121203_R.JPG180614-121220_R.JPG180614-121234_R.JPG

Traffic is bus only. It is far from the city center, but there is no inconvenience as the fare is free🚌 Taiwan's bus information is very good, and now information is also reflected in the Google map, so you will not get lost🗺 There is barrier-free toilet.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

台湾 台中 Nantun District, 春安路56巷 彩虹眷村
14 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [DEEP TAIWAN] #01 Art all over the village "Rainbow Village" in Taichung ~彩虹眷村~

I'm literary stunned, @YasumiKikuchi. Thank you so much for sharing and tagging in STREET ART WORLD. The place is really really amazing. You made my day! When did "Huáng grandpa" start painting? I'm putting Juàn cūn on my bucket list. How come I did know about this so far?!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: [DEEP TAIWAN] #01 Art all over the village "Rainbow Village" in Taichung ~彩虹眷村~

I am glad that @IrrPavlova enjoyed it😊

Did you know "Juàn cūn"? Actually, Juàn cūn in Taiwan is getting older and the demolition is progressing in various places. Many of Juàn cūn in various places are touristic and reuse it. I will introduce this story when I have time😃

It seems that Huáng grandpa began painting in 2008 when demolition was confirmed. But it was not to prevent demolition. He merely looked at the wall that would be destroyed as a simple canvas.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage

Former Google Contributor

Introduce as many stories in this spirit as you can, @YasumiKikuchi. 😄 It's all so fascinating! 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Me parece un sitio super divertido, muchas gracias por compartir @YasumiKikuchi, espero ver más cosas como esta.

https://gasmountain.com/blog/
FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE MAPS
https://goo.gl/maps/nTobaEosxkmA1cvq8
Level 9

@YasumiKikuchi this Village is amazing and the grandpa author of the paintings is patient and creative. God bless him!

I liked the video. It made me feel like I was there.

I read that the Village is crowed and small too. But I think that it's worth visiting because it's original

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 9

Another fantastic and awesome post!

You like to surprise us @YasumiKikuchi.Colorful,bright and beautiful painting!

I enjoy watching the photos.

It is interesting for me --only one person create such beauty? I suppose that a lot of tourists like to visit this village,especially children.

Thank you for your interesting post !

Level 10

Hello @HUMBERTO_V
I'm glad you were pleased😊 I will increase the number of articles in the future. Please look forward to👍

Level 10

Thank you for viewing @BeatrizAguilar

I have not investigated, but the vacant lot in the foreground probably represents that this village was large🔍 I guess that it was speculated that only the place where the picture was drawn was preserved. Many tourists say that the reason why they visit Taichung is here. I hope that you will come!🤗

Actually, there are more huge sightseeing villages! I will introduce you later😉

Level 10

Thank you for your praise @helga19
As you say, it seems that the old soldier was a huge art worked around the age of 90. Moreover, he has not learned the art😲
We often do not act due to age and circumstances, but we can not make excuses in front of him🙊😅