YasumiKikuchi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[DEEP JAPAN] KOBE recovered from a major disaster

CIMG0366.jpg 

"BE KOBE" is a slogan that expresses the strength of the intention of overcoming the sorrow of the great earthquake and "Continuing to be Kobe".

The maximum seismic intensity hit the center of Kobe on January 17, 1995. The building collapsed and a big fire occurred. The precious lives of 6500 people were robbed. It was the 24th year in 2019. The town has completely restored, but those who are still suffering and loneliness continue to bear silence.

Such Kobe will accelerate development as a sightseeing spot after the earthquake disaster. The keywords in Kobe are "Sake", "Foreign settlementand "Coffee"🏰🍶.

CIMG0321.jpg

"Nada district" is the largest Japanese sake town in Japan

"酒蔵 Saka gura" means a factory of sake. It is the city with the most saka gura in Japan🍶

CIMG0013.jpgCIMG0006.jpgCIMG0065.jpgCIMG0383.jpgCIMG01340.jpgCIMG10342.jpg 

At each factory, tools that were used in the past are exhibited🍶🤔.

CIMG03440.jpgCIMG0047.jpgCIMG0092.jpg

But the tourist's purpose is this. You can taste sake for free at any factory!🍶🤤

When all the tasting is done it becomes about 500 ml. You will be drunk on your way home, be careful!!🤢

CIMG0040.jpg

"Kitano" of a foreign settlement

Since 1868, Immediately after Japan unlocked the national isolation, Kobe became a special zone for foreigners. At that time Japan had a cultural difference that was so big that it was easy for Japanese and foreigners to be in trouble, so a special zone was necessary. The current Kitano district became a settlement and made special development by the foreign culture. Besides, beyond this special district, foreigners needed something like a passport to enter Japan. People in Britain, Germany, France, the Netherlands, and China were living🤴👲🧓👱‍♀️🤶.

CIMG0445.jpgCIMG0024.jpgCIMG0433.jpgCIMG0449.jpgCIMG0364.jpgCIMG0419.jpgCIMG0304.jpgCIMG0356.jpgCIMG0425.jpgCIMG0456.jpgCIMG0025.jpgCIMG0516.jpgCIMG0344.jpg

Many wooden Western-style buildings exist. You can view it with a charge. Furniture and tools left by foreigners are displayed. It is very popular for Japanese tourists because the atmosphere of this unique city looks fashionable🏰.

CIMG0328.jpgCIMG0351.jpgCIMG0310.jpgDSC00820.jpgDSC00829.jpg

Especially the house of Sherlock Holmes is popular. The Japanese like him🕵️‍♂️.

CIMG0127.jpg

The world's first birthplace of canned coffee

It was a company in Kobe that invented canned coffee. In addition, the history of Japanese coffee is also the origin of this company

CIMG0174.jpgCIMG0161.jpg

At the head office factory, you can take a class of coffee tasting if you book🤔. I passed at the chief of the day and I was encouraged to ask the staff to take an elementary varistor😆

CIMG10306.jpgCIMG10282.jpgCIMG10260.jpgCIMG10270.jpgCIMG0221.jpg 

Another place has the coffee museum operated by the same company. You can learn scientific things about coffee👩‍🏫.

CIMG0327.jpgCIMG0239.jpgCIMG0324.jpgCIMG0271.jpgCIMG0334.jpgCIMG029a8.jpgCIMG0275.jpgCIMG0302.jpg

"Ninja" and "Shinkansen". There is a head office of "Kawasaki Heavy Industries"

The most famous Japanese mobility industry in the world would be "Toyota" "Honda" and "Kawasaki"🚗🏍. Actually the head office of Kawasaki is Kobe rather than Kawasaki city. There is the big museum in the harbor. The famous motorcycle "Ninja", Shinkansen, trains all over the world, Japanese fighters and warships are manufactured🏍🚅🛩.

CIMG0202.jpgCIMG0159.jpgCIMG0206.jpgCIMG0198.jpgCIMG0184.jpg

"Kobe Festival" is the base of the citizen of the earthquake reconstruction

Finally, I will introduce a citizen participatory large festival🎆. It is a large festival with reference to the Rose Festival in Portland, USA. A parade is performed mainly on samba carnival and marching band💃🎺. More than 1 million participants gathered in mid-May.

CIMG0123.jpgCIMG0137.jpg

You do not have to stay in Kobe. Because it is only 30 minutes by train from Osaka🚃. You can easily plan Kobe sightseeing with Osaka and Kyoto.

It is a prestigious city with Japan and overseas mixed🏰😉.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

日本、兵庫県神戸市
11 comments
Level 10

Re: [DEEP JAPAN] Did you know that KOBE recovered from a major disaster?

Thank you for subscribing @asifMojtoba @TravellerG @Jesi @mynameisFU @shigeo @大谷憲史

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage

Level 8

Re: [DEEP JAPAN] KOBE recovered from a major disaster

Hi @YasumiKikuchi San

Thanks for share.

Beautiful and lovely photos of Kobe. 🙂

Congratulations!

Level 10

Thank you so much @Haruki

If you like, please be interested in Kobe😃

Former Google Contributor

I'm so glad Kobe is fine now, and looks like it's stronger than ever. Thank you for sharing another niche story of Japan, @YasumiKikuchi. I'd love experience saka gura from first sight. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thank you for always subscribing @IrrPavlova
I am glad you are interested in Kobe😃. Let's walk slowly after a day using sightseeing saka gura in Nada, so you can sample at least 10 kinds of sake for free🍶🤤. There are sake that won the world championship🤤🤤

Former Google Contributor

You continue surprising me with every post, @YasumiKikuchi. I can't catch up. 😄

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

I'm happy @IrrPavlova, I will tag you😃

Level 10

Nice photos and explanations @YasumiKikuchi, thanks for sharing.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 10

Thank you for reading @TheEagleEye
Kobe has a very good scenery in the picture📷