YasumiKikuchi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[DEEP JAPAN] #02 Autumn leaves "Kiyomizu Temple" and "Tofuku Temple" in Kyoto Higashi-yama district

P1010914.JPG

[DEEP JAPAN] #01 Autumn leaves in Kyoto "Higashi-yama" district

Higashiyama district is the most famous tourist destination in Kyoto. Among them, "Yasaka" area is definitely a place We want to visit😆 Perhaps the most famous temple for foreigners is "Kiyomizu Temple" in Yasaka area. But I could not visit only Kiyomizu Temple this year, so I will post pictures of 10 years ago sorry

P1010896.JPGP1010897.JPG

There are 50 million tourists annually in Kyoto😮 Kiyomizu Temple has 10 million tourists annually😮😲 It is overwhelming popularity📈

Harunobu_Young-Woman-Jumping-from-the-Kiyomizu-Temple-Balcony.jpg 
(Suzuki Harunobu 1765 "Young Woman Jumping from the Kiyomizu Temple Balcony with an Umbrella as a Parachute" Quoted from Art,etc )

P1010916 (2).JPGP1010917.JPG

There is famous Idiomatic in Japanese called "Jump off the balcony of Kiyomizu Temple"☂⤵ This means "To make a firm decision", in the past about 200 people jumped off😱 It seems that the survival rate was 85%. Do not jump off absolutely!!😣

181126-111827_R.jpg

The "Fushimi" area of ​​Higashi-yama is also very famous. Next to Kiyomizu Temple there is a famous autumn leaves sightseeing spot. That's "Tofuku Temple".

181127-091449_R.jpg181126-112229_R.jpg181127-084543_R.jpg181126-112115_R.jpg181126-105513_R.jpg181126-111313_R.jpg181126-112020_R.jpg181126-111230_R.JPG181126-111838_R.jpg181126-103730_R.jpg181126-104753_R.jpg

Please look👀 It is burning red. It sounds like a big fire! Actually the temple was burned down by a fire many times🔥🏯🔥

181126-102834_R.JPG

Tofuku Temple also has a "national treasure San-mon". It is meaningful to overcome the problem of human mind at Sanmon. 

"Fushimi Inari shrine" that foreigners love is next to. Let me introduce it in another post.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

日本、京都府京都市東山区清水1丁目294 清水寺
52 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [DEEP JAPAN] #02 Autumn leaves "Kiyomizu Temple" and "Tofuku Temple" in Kyot

Hi @YasumiKikuchi,

The series that you started are so much interesting! I enjoyed a lot reading this post, as well as [DEEP JAPAN] #01 Autumn leaves in Kyoto "Higashi-yama" district and am looking forward to see "Fushimi Inari shrine" in your next post.

I must say that looking at those beautiful temples one can feel as if being in some magical places or at least I feel like this. : ) Are those temples most famous for their autumn leaves or they are also famous for the sakura trees during spring time?

I am sure that both @Ivi_Ge and @DeniGu will appreciate this series of posts as they lived in Japan too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Re: [DEEP JAPAN] #02 Autumn leaves "Kiyomizu Temple" and "Tofuku Temple" in Kyot

Hello @YasumiKikuchi,

I have never been to Japan but Higashi-yama district looks really beautiful. It is no wonder that millions of  tourists visit it every year. Besides there is no such architecture in the world like the Japanese.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures even though they are from 10 years ago. I am pretty sure that the place looks the same now.

And last but not least, do you know the story of the woman with the umbrella? Why did she jump? Perhaps, she had to make a hard decision. I am curious to find out.  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Fantastic post and story about young woman jumping from Temple Balcony with umbrella !

Thank you very much for interesting story about "Kiyomizu Temple" @YasumiKikuchi

The photos of  red autumn leaves are amazing and beautiful.

I am looking forward to your next interesting post.

Cheers,

Former Google Contributor

What @MoniDi shared is very true, the Japanese architecture is unique on its own and I really do admire it!

@YasumiKikuchi For a time I have been thinking but so far I never searched the answer. As for most of the East Asian countries seeing beautiful and stunning temples is a fact, but all of them are different. I have been to South Korea, China and some other countries and all of them have temples, but actually they are never the same, are they?

I wanted to add a photo that I captured while visiting the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park (where the Avatar mountains is located) in China. The building is not a temple, but it brings me the feeling of something old and traditional.

Caption: A photo of a building with traditional Chinese architecture taken while visiting the Avatar mountains in China. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A photo of a building with traditional Chinese architecture taken while visiting the Avatar mountains in China. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

Level 10

@YasumiKikuchi stunning pics..

Level 10

Thank you for viewing @TsekoV
Kiyomizu dera(temple) is the perfect temple which turns red in autumn🍁 pink in cherry blossoms in spring🌸 whitening in winter in snow bright green in summer🌳 
It is one of the places I would like to recommend to visit foreign tourists who are not familiar with Japan first😊

Thank you for introducing your wonderful Chinese building. Asian buildings are evolving with wood and climate. While Western religions teach "eternity", Asian religions teach "reborn", so someday one will rebuild it with wood that will decay. There are similar parts of Japanese building technology because it imports from Korea and China, but since Japan has its own evolution of "Miya-Daiku", there are many different things🏯

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage

Level 10

Thank you for appreciating Japan @MoniDi @helga19
I want to advertise that nature is very colorful due to the intense climate change in Japan📣

It is an act of "praying to God" that a young woman in the photo jumps off☂⤵ It is because it is not suicide to have an umbrella. Japanese call it "Gan-kake"🙏 She wanted to cure a disease family in the era when medical technology was still a fortune telling and tried to devote her life to God. "Because I had such a terrible experience (jumps off), I want you to cure the disease in exchange please"😭

As you may have heard "Seppuku", old Japanese people were familiar with "death". Even now, the meaning of death is included in the etymology of idiomatic phrase "to go beyond the limits". In short, the meaning of "being serious" and "death" are the same for Japanese people.⚖

Level 10

Thank you for viewing @DanielTh
This series will be serialized for the time being, so please look forward to it👍

Google Moderator

Thank you for sharing the story of the young woman @YasumiKikuchi. One can really "go beyond the limits" for the loved ones.

I first heard of "Seppuku" in the movie "The Last Samurai". The cinema addict that I am, I gain my knowledge for different cultures from the foreign movies. I tend to remember more interesting facts when there is a story behind.

Japan is a country worth visiting. I will do my best to see it some day.